Accounting Manager - #135252
Discovery Behavioral Health
At Discovery Behavioral Health, we know the best way to predict the future of healthcare is to create it. As a member of our growing team, you will have a voice in the creation of life-changing programs and treatment centers nationwide. Working collaboratively with the best and the brightest in our industry, you will be part of an innovative team of professionals committed to generating positive and remarkable outcomes for the clients we serve. If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
If you are looking for an organization that thrives on growth, celebrates diversity of thought, and rewards passionate execution, you’ve come to the right place. Because we put clients first, it is our honor to support and reward those who serve them.
Compensation Range: $100-120k
Compensation will be dependent upon geographic region, education, and experience
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Manager will manage accounting department personnel, activities and duties and ensures/oversee the accuracy, availability, and accessibility of company financial records. Also responsible for the preparation/review of general ledger entries, reconciliations and records. Provides leadership, trains and mentors personnel and provides assistance with preparing, reviewing and distributing ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
Essential Job Functions:
This role requires a self-motivated, detail oriented, positive, collaborative and organized individual with the ability to maintain flexibility and take ownership of projects and processes. Must be a problem solver and address issues in a timely manner. Additionally:
- Develop and maintain an effective organization through the selection, training, compensation, motivation, termination and periodic review of direct staff
- Ensures accuracy and timeliness of accounting system postings and adherence to company guidelines
- Oversee all duties related to AR, AP, cash balance, bank reconciliations, general ledger, and Payroll
- Manages monthly closing review of prepaids and accruals, posting of month end information; and ensures accuracy of financial statements
- Ensure all monthly, quarterly, year-end closings are done in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop and implement more efficient procedures and use of software resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy and enhanced workflow of the department
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Supports ongoing expansion of the business, including matters associated with geographic expansion, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Accounting related field of study preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience working in the accounting field. Experience can be a combination of public accounting and private industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced MS Excel skills
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
For more information about our company benefits, please visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
Discovery Behavioral Health seeks to build a diverse staff that is reflective of the patients we serve and the communities where we work. DBH encourages multiple perspectives, experiences, and strives to hire and retain a diverse workforce.