Aerospace Production Operator --2nd Shift - #134722
Chromalloy is a global engineering & solutions company. We are a leading provider of aftermarket parts, repairs, and solutions that safely & reliably extend the life of aircraft engines and gas turbines. We develop, manufacture and repair critical turbine components for a range of engine platforms. Our solutions support the engines running the aerospace, energy and defense industries around the world.
Chromalloy employees are proud, passionate problem-solvers who strive to live our values every day. A career with Chromalloy is an opportunity to learn from top industry experts, work with important technologies, and unlock a passion for innovation. Join our team of experts, innovators and problem-solvers delivering world-class solutions for our customers. Be part of something bigger with Chromalloy.
Chromalloy Connecticut, a leader in repair and coating of gas turbine components for the aerospace industry and heavy industrial turbines, is currently seeking reliable, motivated candidates to fill various Manufacturing, Production, and Skilled Labor positions for 2ND SHIFT. We are searching for: GRIT/SANDBLAST, PLATING, AIRFLOW, BLENDERS, MASKERS, BRAZE, CHEM STRIP, BONDING and TEARDOWN in the following departments: Stators, Vanes, Fan Cases, and Composites.
As a Production Operator, you will need to be able to work in a fast paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Assist in assembly and disassembly of aircraft engine parts in preparation for repair processes.
- Utilize chemical cleaning procedures.
- Perform hand cleaning to include steam cleaning, acid etch, sanding, blending, brazing and de-burring of aircraft engine parts to remove foreign elements from parts.
- Perform minor repairs or modifications of various aircraft engine parts using various shop machines and equipment.
- Set up and operate equipment to test engine components to determine serviceability conditions.
- De-bur various engine parts.
- Repair components without distorting original configuration or tolerances.
- Use precision measurement equipment to determine areas of re-work.
- Perform duties in accordance with technical orders, Process Routing Work Instructions (PRWIs), blueprints, sketches, sample parts and specialized fixtures.
- Responsible for overall work assignments under the supervision of the Cell Manager/Work Leader.
- Restore aircraft components to airworthiness standards.
- Operate manual and automated blast cabinets.
- Apply protective and wear coatings, corrosion coatings for wear resistance and thermal barriers.
- Check tools and equipment for safety and ensure equipment is properly stored and certified.
- May be required to perform other duties as company workload dictates.
HS Diploma or equivalent preferred. You must be able to read, write and use work instruction sheets. Mechanical background would be helpful. Ability to use hand tools and gauges. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 1 Year of Manufacturing/Warehouse experience
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate work instructions and specifications
- Ability to sit/stand/bend/twist/lift +25lbs for periods of 8-hours, or longer
- Ability to work OT when necessary, including weekends
Chromalloy offers challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Sexual harassment, or any other kind of harassment, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.