Associate Manager, Sustainability Strategy - #134888
The Wonderful Company
You may know us as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios, JUSTIN Wine, Teleflora, and Wonderful Halos, but we’re all Wonderful – and we have a great opportunity for an Associate Manager on the Sustainability Strategy Team.
The Sustainability Strategy Team within the Wonderful Strategy Group (WSG) partners directly with executive leaders to support pressing strategic and operational issues and deliver high-impact results across its portfolio. Sustainable business is crucial for the well-being of our planet and our products. That’s why we work hard to conserve natural resources and minimize our company’s impact on the environment. We believe deeply in cutting-edge research and innovation to help solve critically important challenges of today and tomorrow. To date, we’ve committed over $1 billion to fundamental environmental research, water-efficient irrigation systems, eco-friendly pest control, clean energy, and waste diversion.
To further our impact in applied sustainability, we are looking for an Associate Manager to drive sustainable innovation across The Wonderful Company. We seek an entrepreneurial-oriented professional who’s passionate about cutting-edge issues in carbon (e.g., markets, sequestration, credits), sustainable packaging, regenerative agriculture, or waste-to-value. Using strong analytical and technical skills, the ideal candidate will help identify and lead projects to drive both economic and environmental value. Projects could include, but are not limited to:
- Carbon and climate technology: carbon capture and storage (CCS), carbon markets, carbon policy and regulations, emerging climate technology
- Corporate sustainability and communications: framework incorporation (e.g., SASB, GRI, GHG Protocol), carbon accounting, risk analysis (e.g., Monte Carlo simulations), and sustainability communications strategies for internal/external stakeholders
- Regenerative agriculture: agricultural carbon credit market development, sustainable crop inputs, soil microbiome R&D, sustainable agriculture technology scouting
- Sustainable packaging: rPET transition, sustainable packaging alternatives, packaging LCAs, strategic sourcing
- Waste-to-value: upcycling food and agriculture byproducts, waste diversion, biogas, biochemicals, innovative nutrient extraction, real-world circular economy applications
Your contribution to sustainability at Wonderful:
- Lead initiatives that drive economic and environmental value for the company
- Identify, evaluate, and execute on sustainability investments from a strategic, tactical, impact, and financial point of view
- Scout innovative climate, energy, agricultural, and circular technologies that can help advance TWC sustainability goals
- Build relationships with internal partners to champion sustainability within the organization
- Develop presentation materials based on technical and financial analyses for internal and external parties
- Research, interpret, and effectively communicate complex concepts and technical information in a digestible, easy to understand manner
- Develop high level project budgets and schedules
- Oversee contract transaction execution including due diligence, negotiation, and implementation oversight
- Support project implementation with our partners, leading project management and strategic direction
- Follow US, California, and international trends in climate change, clean energy, and carbon markets, communicating insights and recommended actions
- Gain an understanding of the vision, mission and strategic objectives of sustainability at The Wonderful Company
- Develop subject matter expertise in the broad field of sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, agriculture, energy/environment, business, environmental/public policy, or a related field
- Master’s degree in engineering, agriculture, energy/environment, public policy, business or related field is a major plus
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a sustainability focused role – preference for expertise in carbon capture, carbon markets, clean energy, sustainable packaging, regenerative agriculture, transportation, or waste-to-value
- Commitment to sustainability based on past work
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to synthesize complex topics into executive-level communications
- Self-motivated with a strong entrepreneurial drive including project management, implementation, and oversight
- Proven problem-solving skills, time management, and independent decision making
- Articulate and persuasive communicator, both one-on-one and in front of large groups
- Adept at building and maintaining collaborative working relationships with internal and external partners
- Humility, patience, and grit to drive impact with large, multi-stakeholder projects
Pay Range: $130,000 - $150,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Why choose us?
- Build your core sustainability, strategy, and business toolkit while on a path toward a leadership position within one of our operating companies
- Collaborate with top executives within the company while working across multiple iconic, rapidly growing, and entrepreneurial businesses
- Have a great work-life balance
- Feel good about what you do: we work on driving sustainability for a $5B company to create large-scale impact
- Some travel may be required, primarily within California
- Visa sponsorship available for qualified candidates
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter briefly explaining:
- Why you're interested in The Wonderful Company and the Sustainability Strategy Team
- Your experience in leading projects from ideation to completion
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut and America’s fastest-growing snack; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora is the world’s leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California’s Central Valley.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: www.csr.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information