Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee - #134917
Jobs for Humanity
Company Name: Safelite
Are you interested in this job? You should apply – even if you don't meet every requirement! We are an auto glass company, but we offer more than just glass services. We help our employees build fulfilling careers and live fulfilling lives. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.
Do you enjoy challenges? Do you have natural mechanical abilities? Do you thrive both independently and as part of a team, with opportunities for growth and advancement?
Join Safelite as an Auto Glass Technician Trainee — the first step in becoming a certified auto glass technician on our nationally recognized team of expert installers! We will train you to install and repair auto glass, recalibrate car safety systems, and provide exceptional service that leaves a lasting positive impact. And yes, you'll get paid while learning all of these skills!
We are more than just a glass company. We empower our employees with the support they need to be efficient, problem-solvers with keen attention to detail, and most importantly, to deliver quality service and bring unexpected happiness to people's lives.
This is not your typical desk job! You will work outdoors, using your hands, and that means working in all kinds of weather conditions.
It's time to start a new career that you've been considering. Invest in yourself and learn more about our 3-month paid training program. Once you're on the job, your pay will be evaluated every six months to ensure you're rewarded for outstanding performance!
As a Technician Trainee, you will:
- Get paid to learn and train the Safelite way, through hands-on and classroom training, which includes:
- Installing and repairing auto glass
- Recalibrating car safety systems
- Providing additional services and products
- Study and pass tests to become a Safelite-certified Technician, showing proficiency in installations and embracing a positive attitude while following taught techniques.
- Safely operate a company vehicle and use company-issued tools throughout the workday.
What you'll receive:
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $21/hour, increasing to $25.85/hour after training and certification.
- Earn $5 for every set of wiper blades added for customer safety.
- Potential for promotion in your first year! Start at $29.82/hour as a Senior Tech and $31.81/hour as a Master Tech. Technician career levels are determined based on performance metrics, including efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10,000*, including a 401(k) plan with company matching, medical plans, paid time off, holidays, and volunteer days.
- Program to buy additional paid time off or sell unused time, up to 16 hours.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to succeed.
- View all our health, wealth, and life offerings at www.safelitebenefits.com.
What you'll need: (Even if you don't meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply!)
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Must have a valid state-issued driver's license
- Comfortable working outdoors, in a wide variety of weather conditions, and being on your feet for extended periods
- Ability to work scheduled days, with flexibility on start and end times to accommodate customer needs
- Ability to regularly lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma or GED preferred; ability to read and write
Base Pay Range Min - Max (in $USD):$19.25 - $19.25
Internal Associates: If you are already a Safelite team member, please apply through your Workday account by searching for 'Find Open Jobs'.
Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse workforce and suppliers, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Learn more at www.safelite.com/Careers.
Benefit amounts are estimates only. Actual values will depend on benefit elections during enrollment.
This job description covers the main aspects of this role, but it is not all-inclusive. We will make reasonable accommodations for individuals covered by ADA, ADEA, FMLA, and other laws and regulations, in accordance with their requirements. Physical and mental demands are not and should not be seen as job qualification standards, but they are mentioned here to help the employer, employee, and/or applicant identify tasks where reasonable accommodations may be needed due to an ADA disability. Other qualifications may be required to comply with local laws and regulations and with Safelite Group, Inc. policies and practices.