Batch Plant Operator - Fontana, CA - #135163
IPG Pipe & Precast West
Job ID: 485563
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading provider of utility infrastructure solutions for the water, energy, and communications markets throughout North America. We’re more than just a manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, or plastic products. We’re a trusted and strategic partner to engineers, contractors, distributors, specifiers, and more. With our network of more than 80 manufacturing facilities and more than 4,000 employees, we’re leading the industry with innovation and a safety-first mindset.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo.
Job Description Summary
- Retrieves, inspects, and prepares product to customer supplied specifications
- Operates Mixer Machine and Batch Plant
- Maintain records of production and quality issues as specified
- Notify supervisor of nonconforming product or problems with the machine, materials, etc.
- Communicate production issues with other employees and supervisors
- Read job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Review product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearance assuring product meets quality requirements
- Perform routine machine maintenance
- Basic understanding of electronics and programmable controllers
- Know the basics of hydraulics, electricity, and tools
- Assist other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Understand and apply safe use and operation of the equipment and communicates with other employees about safety related matters
- High school diploma or equivalent or at least one month of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have basic computer skills
- Knowledge of concrete fundamentals
- ACI Field Testing Certified (not required, but capable of achieving within 6 months)
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- The hourly pay rate is $22.87
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.