Civil Aviation Engineer - #134953
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is seeking a talented civil engineer with experience in airfield and landside engineering to join our team in Tampa, Florida. As an aviation civil engineer, you will play a vital role in the development of airfield and landside planning and design for airport improvement projects. Join a team of passionate aviation planners and engineers who are dedicated to delivering innovative iconic aviation projects.
- Plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of airport engineering projects including runways, taxiways, aprons, vehicle service roads, airfield lighting and signage installation, navigational aids, drainage improvements, utility relocation and protection, and pavement rehabilitation
- Developing civil airfield design and construction improvement documents
- Coordinate with planning and design team members, contractors, and sub-consultants for ongoing planning, design, and construction projects
- Perform aviation-related civil design, planning, construction support, and client management services for General Aviation and Commercial Air Service Airports
- Involved with projects from start to completion including planning, design, and construction administration of airports, including grading, drainage, pavement design, specifications, and construction safety plans
- Collaborating and/or coordinating with delivery teams consisting of multi-discipline design engineers and technicians
- AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D design manager duties
- Analyze GIS data, client as-builts, survey data, geotechnical data, subsurface utility information, and data needed for project development
- Supervise, coordinate, and production of several projects concurrently.
- Establishes positive client relationships
- Coordinate with clients, funding agencies, state aviation officials, FAA, and local permit Agencies
- Includes regular site visits during the design and construction phases of airport improvement projects throughout the State of Florida
- BS Civil Engineering.
- 4 years of airport/airfield planning or civil engineering design experience
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D Design
- Experience in airport improvements from planning through the design and construction phase
- Experience and knowledge of FAA Advisory Circulars and Airport Design and Engineering Standards
- EI or PE, preferably State of Florida
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.