Data Scientist - Richmond Health Network/ACO - #134779
Richmond University Medical Center
The Richmond Health Network is committed to expanding access to quality medical services to the Staten Island community with an emphasis on preventative services and specialty care. Focusing on value-based care and health technology, RHN supports patient engagement in wellness and health self-management across the continuum of care. The Richmond Health Network is seeking a Data Scientist to help bring our vision to reality. The Data Scientist is the custodian responsible for cleaning and analyzing data from various sources for the development, implementation, maintenance of dashboards, and reporting needs across the network. This individual will also liaison between clinical operations, Information Technology Services, system users and vendors using different programming languages to work on projects based on user needs and extracting extract data from various systems. This data will then be used to create comprehensive, and effective reports that can appropriately communicate findings.
- Lead and manage projects focused on advanced visualizations including dashboards and maintaining its integrity
- Work with internal teams to generate regular and ad-hoc reports that can help them with their decision making.
- Develop, validate, and implement programmatic approaches for data visualization, descriptive statistical analysis, and predictive modeling.
- Serve as the analytical partner on strategic, cross-functional projects and initiatives by bringing in data insights and analytical rigor to inform and influence decisions, design and define methodology to monitor progress, and quantify and track outcomes
- Perform complex analysis of data and visualized results in an understandable and effective manner to cater to different levels of the organization.
- Provide methodological, statistical, design, and analytical guidance for new and ongoing projects.
- Facilitate new data collection as appropriate help assess and measure provider performance.
- Work collaboratively with other staff on a variety of projects in a supporting or leadership role to collectively achieve goals and resolve issues.
- Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality and security of all administrative, financial and clinical data.
- Maintain EMR support and work closely with RUMC’s IT team and vendors to ensure maximum uptime and quality support.
- Carry out responsibilities in accordance to Richmond University Health Network policies and standards.
- Must have demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and be able to collaborate and work effectively with a variety of individuals and skill levels.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Data Science, Data Engineering, Data Analytics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or other related fields OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional experience in a fast-paced work environment preferably in a healthcare environment.
- A demonstrated ability to independently solve difficult problems and deliver high quality results to senior stakeholders
- Experience with cleaning, aggregating, and pre-processing data from various sources to create reports and drive impactful decisions.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks concurrently and in a timely manner
- Experience with a visualization software such as Tableau or Power BI.
- Working experience in SQL, and/or Snowflake.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Macros skills.
Salary Range: $85,000 - $110,000
Location: Richmond University Medical Center · Accountable Care Organization-ACO
Schedule: Full-Time, Day Shift, 9a-5p