Direct Support Professional - Passaic County - #135342
Neuropath Behavioral Healthcare, LLC
Neuropath Behavioral Healthcare provides Comprehensive Youth and Family Support Services to primary caregivers of children and teens with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities. Serving the state of New Jersey.
Direct Support Professional Job Summary:
As a Direct Support Professional, you will be providing services to your clients in one of our centers that offer art and play therapy. Direct support is to be considered a time of relief for the caregiver from the demands of caring for their child. Direct Support Staff or Respite providers will be at the home to assist the client with daily living activities as well as participate in age-appropriate activities whether in the home or out in the community. Providers should be engaging and energetic as 100% of their time when with the client would be interactions.
Direct Support services are provided 7 days a week and would be anytime between the hours of 8:30 am to 8:30 pm. During the school year, the expected start time for services is after 3 pm and during the summer season the expected start time for services will be 8:30 am. This position starts at $17.50 an hour and is part-time, however, with the great need for services, there are opportunities within the agency to become a full-time employee.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The most important responsibility of a Direct Support Professional is to allow the caregiver to be able to step away for a few hours it will be expected that at some point in your day, you will be left alone with the child. Other responsibilities & expectations are listed below.
•Provides one-on-one care to youth and young adults when the primary caregiver is not available.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the client.
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household and establishes a relationship with the client and family
- Aids with daily living, including personal care such as ambulation and personal hygiene assistance. Prepares and maintains records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor.
- Actively promotes client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
- Performs housekeeping duties such as cooking, cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands. Cares for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption, and convalescence; providing companionship, personal care, and help in adjusting to new lifestyles.
- Instructs or advises clients on issues such as household cleanliness, utilities, hygiene, nutrition, or infant care.
- Attends in-service training as required by regulation
- Adheres to all Agency administrative and clinical policies and procedures
- Participates in case of reviews, consulting with the team caring for the client, to evaluate the client’s needs and plan for continuing services.
- Active Listening & Critical Thinking
- Positive leadership
- Patience & Understanding
- Reliability & Attentiveness
- Must provide (3) professional references
- Must pass a background check
- Must have frequently checked email for Admin to Staff communications
- If operating a motor vehicle you must show proof of insurance
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
This is an entry-level position, however relevant experience is recommended when applying.
We are open to referrals, please inquire about when speaking with your recruiter
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $17.50 per hour
- After school
- Choose your own hours
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Paterson, NJ: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person