Electronics Technician I - #134767
NC Department of Transportation
Date: 1 week ago
City: Winston-Salem, NC
Salary: $38,516 - $67,404 per year
Contract type: Full time
How to Apply You must apply at https://tinyurl.com/48ch593j by Sept 27, 2023 at midnight EST. NCDOT is a Great Place to Work. Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 260+ reviews. NEW HIGHER SALARY: $38,516 - $ 67,404 The Challenge We're looking for an Electronics Technician to assist in and install traffic signals on our Traffic Services team. In this role, you will:
- Diagnose and repair traffic signal equipment malfunctions.
- Operate a 24K signal bucket truck.
- Assist in and construct signal installations including installation of aerial span wire and cable, pavement vehicle sensors, and complex cabinet wiring.
- Use hand tools and field test equipment to diagnose malfunctions in microprocessor & solid state traffic signal controllers and cabinets to the module level.
- Read and interpret drawings and wire diagrams and make necessary installations and repairs.
- Supervise junior electronics technicians and verify/ensure their work is in compliance with NCDOT standards.
- Respond to emergency maintenance calls during and after normal work hours.
- Knowledge of standard test equipment used to diagnose electronic components.
- Experience reading and understanding schematic drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, schedule, and complete work assignments with minimal technical supervision.
- Experience performing manual and physical labor in varied environmental conditions.
- Management skills to direct and supervise work of others.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Safety toe shoes.
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License with no endorsements. (Note: If you don't have this, still apply! You can get it through our On-the-job training program within 360 days of hire).
- Associate's degree in Electronics, and
- 1+ year experience in the repair and maintenance of specialized electronic devices, preferably including some responsibility for circuit modification; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- We will conduct a background check and check with your employers over the past 2 years about alcohol/controlled testing.