Elementary Substitute Teacher - #134736
United Community Center
Sign-On Bonus $1,500
POSITION SUMMARY: Teaches students academic, social, and motor skills in the UCC Elementary School by performing the following duties. In the event a regular teacher is absent, subsite teacher would fill in to ensure duties and responsibilities are carried out.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow lesson plans provided by the regular Teacher to create a cohesive and consistent learning experience for students
- Lectures, demonstrates and uses audiovisual teaching aids to present subject matter to class
- Prepares, administers, and corrects tests, and records results
- Assigns lessons corrects paper, and hears oral presentations
- Teaches rules of conduct
- Maintains order in the classroom and on the playground
- Provide in-class and at-home assignments based on the available lesson plan
- Discusses pupil’s academic and behavioral attitudes and achievements with parents in the event that the teacher is absent.
- Keeps attendance and grade records as required by the school
- Attends meetings, conferences, and in-service, and participates in special events of the school and the agency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A valid and current Substitute Teacher license
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in education
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead and instruct students of all ages
- General knowledge of several subjects
- Ability to adapt plans to specific classrooms
- Flexibility and critical-thinking skills
Bachelors’ degree (B.A) from a four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified by the Wisconsin Department of Instruction. Individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and maintain good collegial relationships.
The noise level is moderate; it’s a classroom environment, occasional stairs and walking, and outside monitoring in various weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help perform the essential function.