Field Mechanical Technician - #134814
The Infosoft Group
Come work for one of the largest equipment dealerships in North America! Are you a hardworking individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment and looking to take your career to the next level? If so, then come join our award winning team!
We provide our employees with the following tools and resources to be successful:
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Outstanding benefits package (Medical, Dental and Vision, plus much more!)
- 401(k) with match
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
Auto Mechanics and Diesel Mechanics are encouraged to apply!
Field support (troubleshooting, repair, and PM) of installed material handling equipment such as conveyor systems, carousel systems, VLM (Vertical Lift Module), light directed picking systems (IPTI, ATOP, and Tablets). In this position, you will support our customer's equipment and their operations in conjunction with PeakLogix offerings. You will be dispatched you're your home to support our growing customer base across neighboring states.
The primary responsibilities of the position consist of, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for hardware Field Service (troubleshooting, repair, and PM) and Customer Service duties in the assigned region.
- Responsible for providing all hardware support, including Preventive Maintenance, emergency service and troubleshooting of customer equipment remotely and/or onsite.
- Thoroughly document each service visit via electronic service reports.
- Provide feedback to customer and PeakLogix personnel on field issues, problems, and recommended solutions.
- Use empathy and best judgment to help address customer concerns.
- In conjunction with Field Service responsibilities, identify customer needs and offer upgrades and other company offerings to resolve current and future issues.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with material handling equipment, including carousels, conveyor systems, light directed picking, VLMs is a plus.
- Tech school (automotive, diesel, small engine. Etc) graduate or 5 years of material handling equipment maintenance equivalent experience is a must.
- Ability to drive long distances and still be able to perform the required duties
- Willingness to do mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronic maintenance on covered equipment
- Ability to work independently (extensive remote support available!)
- Be the primary person to interact with customers after equipment installation.
- Ability to act as a consultant to address customer needs
- Ability to prioritize work and manage customer expectations
- Knowledge of industrial electric, electronic interface devices, PLC, and safety interlock systems
- Knowledge of motor controls, VFDs (Variable Frequency Drive), power supplies, and breaker systems
- Possess mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics aptitude
- Mechanical experience including working on motors, gear boxes, chains, pulleys, bearings, belts, and drive rollers
- Welding experience is desired
- Troubleshooting Experience
- Ability to manage time to work within confines of traffic, customer work hours, etc
- Willingness to travel (90% of the time including overnight travel)
- Possess a valid drivers' license and a clean driving history
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Physical/Sensory Functions: Regularly will use hands, talk/hear; Frequently will sit; stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell
- Vision: No special vision requirements
- Lift and/or Move Functions: Frequently will lift up to 75 pounds
- Work Environment: frequently will work near moving mechanical parts. Rarely will work near fumes or airborne particles
Culture is Job #1. Alta Equipment Company prides itself in the 3 P's of business: People, Process and Product. By investing in the best people and creating a "one team" approach, Alta Equipment Company earns customers for life.
If you have a passion for excellence and are ready to make a difference within our organization, we're ready for you. Whether it's selling the world's-best big iron, rolling up your sleeves and servicing our industry-leading construction and material handling product brands or being a difference maker behind the scenes, we can use your skillset.
At Alta Equipment Company, we believe in mutual respect and are committed to diversity while inspiring our employees to reach their maximum potential. Voted a "Top Work Place USA", our employees across North America are committed to excellence. It's the Alta way.
So, let's start the conversation. Click the link to apply and begin the journey of a lifetime.
What We Look For:
At Alta Equipment Company, we are looking for candidates who are a cultural fit with our organization and understand that every task and job goes toward fostering customers for life. Along with that, a great attitude that embraces mutual respect and delivering a consistent high energy level that exudes a passion for excellence. Also, we are searching for a skill set that has a high aptitude for the position with a continual focus on investing in one's profession through additional training and learningOther Opportunities at Alta Please visit our careers page at altaequipment.com/career to view other openings that may be of interest to you!
Alta Equipment Group is an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not discriminate on account of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, height, weight, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, misdemeanor arrest record, or membership in any other classification protected under applicable law. If you believe the Company has violated its equal employment opportunity policy in any way, please contact [email protected] immediately.Connect With Us! Connect with us to stay up to date on job listings.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected class
Job Summary Company Alta Equipment Company Start Date As soon as possible Employment Term and Type Regular, Full Time Required Experience Open