Financial Aid Assistant - 9am to 6pm MT - #135389
As a leading healthcare education organization, Unitek Learning’s family of schools helps thousands of students launch and accelerate their careers every year. As a rapidly growing and highly successful company, Unitek is also a great place to pursue a rewarding and challenging career. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, unlimited growth potential, and a collegiate work environment.
We are looking for a Financial Aid Assistant to join our team.
The Financial Aid Assistant will provide financial information and assistance to potential and existing students. The Financial Aid Assistant will work closely with the Director of Financial Aid and Packaging team in securing their funding.
- Meet with and assist potential and existing students to ensure funding is secured for the program of enrollment. This will consist of completing the FAFSA application and proving a program overview and estimate.
- Working closely with the Director of Financial to ensure the information provided to students is in compliance with Federal, State and college rules and regulations.
- Assist the Director of Financial Aid and the Packaging team to meet objectives and goals.
- Assist the Director of Financial Aid to prepare reports, as necessary.
- Follow up with students to collect pending documents or schedule appointments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or GED is required
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Prior related work experience is a plus, but not required
- Strong Customer Service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate sensitive financial information to prospective and current customers in an understandable manner
- Must be able to work 9am-6pm MT
- Availability at a minimum of two evenings per week for evening student population and overtime as requested by supervisor – may include: evenings, weekends and/or holidays
- Prior related work experience is a plus but not required
- Medical, Dental and Vision starting the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 2 Weeks’ starting Vacation per year. Increasing based on years of service with company
- 12 paid Holidays and 2 Floating Holiday
- 401K with a Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance at 1x’s your annual salary
- Leadership development and training for career advancement
- Tuition assistance and Forgiveness for you and your family up to 100% depending on program