Hourly Supervisor - #134977
Would you like to be a part of an organization that manufacture parts that helps save lives for the Military, Defense, and Commercial Aerospace? Eaton’s AER MSD Mission System Division division is currently seeking a Hourly Supervisor. This position is located in the growing Quad Cities, specifically in Davenport, IA. Eaton's Mission Systems is the Top 20 major employers in the area.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $77249.97 - $113299.96 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
The Hourly Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the team ensuring all Team Members are working effectively in line with business priorities
In this function you will:
Meets or exceeds Production and/or Revenue targets, maintains, or exceeds gross margin targets by minimizing waste. Provides Operations team with information required to
- Work with Operations Managers and Bargaining Unit Leads to manage and prioritize staffing assignments to ensure customer demand and the production schedules are met
- Execute and coordinate employee training to ensure that procedures are followed and meet all quality requirements - Resolve issues with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor where appropriate and escalate problems or concerns to the Operations Manager as required
- Proactively seek to improve working practices, participating in problem solving / improvement activities
- Update relevant production metrics and facilitate regular team communication
- Identifies and tracks parts, assemblies, and shortages as necessary
- Provide capacity planning input
- Schedules overtime as required
- Provides guidance and keeps employees informed of policies and operational changes
- Identifies and implements continuous productivity and quality improvements
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures
- All other related duties as assigned
Associates Degree and 3+ years of supervisory/people leadership experience OR a High School Diploma with 5+ years of supervisory/ people leadership experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”), Political Asylee or Refugee.
- No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 70 mile radius of the Davenport, IA facility will be considered for this position. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Someone who has done Quality Inspections in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience with managing assembly line production
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.