Housekeeper Full Time - #134704
Forefront Healthcare & Culinary Services
Forefront Healthcare is unique, experienced, and specialized in serving the continuum of care. With finely tailored, high-quality culinary and support services, Forefront helps its partners elevate the patient and resident experience
Come elevate your career with our company that has won the #1 "Best places to work by Modern Healthcare!"
WE OFFER AMAZING BENEFITS! PTO, Vacation time, Holidays, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, and much more!
Check out our website: https://forefronthealthcare.com/Jobs/.
3pm-11pm or 11pm-7am
Provides daily housekeeping services to the patients/residents to ensure a safe, clean and sanitary environment in accordance with laws, regulations, and facility guidelines.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- *Provides daily housekeeping duties as assigned per Standard Operating Procedures.
- *Closely follows daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning schedules.
- *Cleans floors, including dust mop, wet mop, sweeping, and vacuuming.
- *Cleans furnishings that are both moveable and stationary throughout the facility.
Cleans fixtures including restroom, light fixtures, water fountains, etc.
- *Dusts, disinfects, horizontal surfaces throughout the facility.
- *Removes trash and cleans/disinfects waste containers.
- *Cleans and disinfects restrooms in both the resident rooms and public spaces throughout the facility.
- *Cleans public spaces throughout the facility including corridors, stairwells, elevators, waiting rooms, lobby, etc.
- *Clean equipment and work areas as assigned by the Manager.
- *Be knowledgeable of Federal, State, and facility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- *Attend in-service educational programs.
- *Follow defined safety codes while performing all duties.
- *Understand facility’s fire and disaster plans; follow established procedures during drills and actual emergencies.
- *Perform other department duties assigned by the Housekeeping/EVS or designee.
1. Customer Service Oriented.
3. Safety Practices.
4. Resident Rights.
5. General Knowledge of HSKG/EVS Skills.
This position requires lifting up to forty pounds (40lbs). Primarily works throughout the facility, including resident rooms; bends, lifts, sits, stands and moves frequently throughout the shift; deals with frequent interruptions and possibly upset residents and family members; works regularly scheduled shifts with possible weekends, holidays and other hours based on resident needs; participates in required continuing education programs; subject to odors, falls, burns and exposure to infectious diseases, waste, blood and body fluids.
Stands and walks continuously throughout the working day. Reaches, stoops, bends, lifts, carries, and works with housekeeping supplies and equipment. Ability to work with chemicals and cleaning agents. Must be free from infection or diseases. Must be able to lift, and/or carry up to 40 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position, with expected hours to include: days, evenings, some weekends, and some holidays.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Ability to read, write and speak English.
2. High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred. Minimum one (1) year of housekeeping experience in a health care setting is desired. Have general knowledge of cleaning and infection prevention.
Preferred Education and Experience: N/A
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- *Verbal and writing abilities necessary to communicate and work effectively with various levels of staff, residents, family members and the public.
- *Motor coordination and manual dexterity are required to operate housekeeping equipment.
- *Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
- *Ability to read, understand, and follow directions and work assignments. Able and willing to work flexible hours, such as during an emergency situation. Must be patient and tolerant toward staff, residents, and family members.
Job Type: Full-time
Overnight full time housekeeper - 11pm - 7am
Second shift full time housekeeper - 3pm - 11pm
Salary: $15.00 per hour