I – Level Mechanical Planner II - #134991
Epsilon Systems Inc
Epsilon Systems Solutions is seeking a full-time I – Level Mechanical Planner II in San Diego, CA.
Job Summary: Under minimal supervision, provide machinery maintenance Intermediate Level planning support for equipment being repaired by the Intermediate Level repair shops operated by our San Diego based Navy customer. Executing the Intermediate Planning and Estimating services includes reviewing scope of job requirements for accomplishment at the intermediate maintenance level, researching and writing work procedures, developing technical work documents and packages, researching material and parts requirements, estimating labor hours to complete the work and coordinating engineering solutions that require engineering support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides I-level maintenance planning services in accordance with the Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual (JFMM) and applicable technical documentation, while ensuring adherence to technical authority requirements.
- Determines proper type and write technical work documents, including Maintenance Procedures (MPs), Formal Work Packages (FWPs), and Controlled Work Packages (CWPs), for I-level maintenance to be executed by Navy operated production shops.
- Responds to I-level maintenance planning technical questions related to assigned areas of discipline.
- Performs ship-checks, review technical data references, and prepare labor and material estimate.
- Assesses feasibility of accomplishment of work by I-level Production shops. If job is determined not feasible, provide recommendation to reject the job.
- Writes and reviews I-level work packages for the inspection of material conditions, assessments, and repairs, in accordance with the JFMM, Volume VII, Chapter 4, Appendix E (“4E”) specifications, utilizing maintenance data program of record.
- Prepares complete and accurate work packages in a timely manner, meeting ships’ and Production Department’s scheduled goals and timelines/deadlines.
- Attends and participates in planning/production meetings in execution of I-level Planning duties.
- Acts professional in all communications and dealings, including with all internal and external customers in the execution of I-Level Planning duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years work related experience
- Minimum 2 years specialized experience assessing equipment repair requirements and planning associated repair execution requirements
- Understanding of modifying and repairing a variety of shipboard systems and their components, associated with specific area of discipline.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Sound interpersonal skills needed to interface, coordinate with company personnel, customers, and outside contacts, if appropriate
- Basic computer operations
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security Clearance
- Prior I-Level Planning qualification and experience
- Understand drawings, technical manuals, and configuration data in databases, including Naval Ships Engineering Drawing Repository (NSEDR), Technical Data Management Information System (TDMIS), Configuration Data Managers Database – Open Architecture (CDMD-OA).
- Knowledgeable in Navy QA and Planning procedures
- Knowledgeable in Navy Quality assurance practices and JFMM chapters relating to I-Level maintenance planning
- Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise
- Ability to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (onboard ships).
- Ability to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs in weight
- Office environment, shipboard, waterfront and shops
Epsilon Systems Solutions and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.