Lead Cashier - #135051
The Lead Cashier directs daily activities and participates in the supervision and performance management of cashiers.
The Lead Cashier leads by example and sets the bar for the cashier team by providing excellent customer service, handling cash and point of sale (register) procedures accurately and keeping the checkout and other assigned areas clean and orderly. The Lead directs the cashier team in reaching store and team goals.
- Lead the supervision and training of cashiers.
- Ensure that customers are greeted, and their needs are matched with the relevant person or department.
- Checkout customers pleasantly and accurately using established standards.
- Process sales refunds, returns, and exchanges in accordance with company policy.
- Participate and contribute to cashier performance management activities with the Store Manager including hiring, feedback suggestions, and performance appraisal development and delivery.
- Participate in creating work schedules for cashiers including lunches and breaks.
Successful Candidates Will Have
- A minimum of one year of retail cashier experience
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team
- Excellent customer service skills
- Clear, concise, and professional communication skills with both internal and external customers
- A demonstrated ability to problem solve and maintain a calm demeanor during busy times
- The ability to operate computers and other automated office machines
- The ability to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Profit Sharing Program - up to 3% of your annual wages
- 401K Retirement Plan with up to 6% Employer Match
- Advancement Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus - refer a friend or family member
- Long-term disability and Life/AD & D Insurance
- Generous Employee Discount (Wilco Stores & Hazelnut Marketplace)
- Holidays and paid time off.
Dating back to the early 1930s, Wilco, a growing retailer, has stood the test of time by maintaining focus on our values and never losing our passion for customer service. Wilco is progressive and unlike the standard “farm store”. With a variety of departments including Garden, Pet and Animal Supply, Hardware, Paint, Clothing, and Pet Grooming, partnered with personalized service, our customers consider Wilco a preferred retail destination. Wilco has been named a Top Workplace in Oregon and SW Washington by the Oregonian from 2012 - 2023. We are dedicated to our team and attribute this distinction to them. Hiring Veterans / Military Friendly
Wilco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize and encourage the valuable and enriching contribution that people from all backgrounds and experiences bring to our organization. As a values-based cooperative, we believe all individuals should be treated on the basis of merit without prejudice.