Lead Project Controls Manager - #134711
Turner & Townsend
From the inception of a project through to completion and beyond, Turner & Townsend help to deliver the outcomes that matter through transformational projects covering the full spectrum of consultancy, project delivery and post-project operations.
With offices located globally, you're never far away from our services. Working from 118 offices in 50 countries, we make the difference to projects across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result, our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Turner & Townsend is looking for a Lead Project Controls Manager to support a large-scale construction manufacturing program.
- Responsible for establishing and executing the high-level strategic direction of project controls including cost management, risk management and schedule management.
- Responsible for project budget approval process.
- Leads risk workshops with the project team to identify risks, establish likelihood/severity, mitigation actions and Owners.
- Take the lead for project controls deliverables that require cross-functional input.
- Motivate the team by providing clear direction and goals.
- Assist with weekly team meetings to discuss progress on initiatives and to drive performance.
- Lead the development and production of regular reporting.
- Leads the Project Controls Team and assures deliverables with quality control and assurance.
The main roles within the project delivery for the role includes:
- Prepares documentation for project gateway and approval processes.
- Develop overall guidelines for project level chartering and partnering.
- Review the Project Master Schedule sequencing, interface milestones and critical path elements (developed by others).
- Develop and recommend the project budget, cash flow and financial plan.
- Oversee and lead the risk management process for the project.
- Develop the work plan that forms the Project Execution Plan (PEP) for the project.
- Review, critique and submit for approval the Project implementation plans as developed by the project supporting PMCM teams.
- Manage Project Estimating and life cycle (total cost of ownership) asset costing, including contingency methodology and estimate evolution through the project lifecycle.
- Develop and submit for approval change management and impact mitigation strategies throughout the life of the project. This includes, but is not limited to scope, cost, schedule control, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Develop the set of controls to assure team performance against the Project baseline metrics.
- Develop protocols and guidelines for Diversity Compliance, Monitoring and Reporting.
- Establish the metrics and basis for progress reporting against the Project, Projects, and Contracts. Reporting shall include Performance Measurement, Forecasting, Trending, Issues, Actions, Progress and Overall Status.
- Develop project guidelines and protocols for cost reduction initiatives. Review project level cost reduction recommendations.
- Review project level diversity recommendations.
- Review construction progress and approve recovery plans.
- Review the claims resolutions recommendations.
- Collaborate with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to achieve consent.
The Project Controls Lead will look at ways to improve the project’s delivery overall. This should include:
- Establishes ongoing risk process and coordinates regular Monte Carlo analyses.
- Project intake: Consider expansion of deliverables to ensure more robust business cases/estimates/schedules are developed.
- Consider the development of an end-to-end process that captures the project controls information from intake through to closeout. Including incorporating a feedback loop for intake/cost/scheduling closeout information.
- Consider the integration of intake/cost/scheduling reporting to provide a holistic approach to project controls.
- Proven track record of leading controls on large projects of $1 billion or larger.
- Knowledge of multiple contract delivery methods and the merits of each.
- Displays track record of proven success with schedules, cost control, estimating and risk-management.
- Proven and demonstrated experience in implementing and managing a project controls system, including financial and scheduling controls, for a major capital project.
- Knowledge of web-based project management systems.
- Demonstrated excellent written/verbal communications.
- Experience in establishing and monitoring project baselines and performance metrics.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction related disciplines.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in management of complex, multi-phase, capital projects or programs.
*On-site presence and requirements may change depending on our client's needs*
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com/ and https://www.heery.com/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Join our social media conversations for more information about Turner & Townsend and our exciting future projects:
It is strictly against Turner & Townsend policy for candidates to pay any fee in relation to our recruitment process. No recruitment agency working with Turner & Townsend will ask candidates to pay a fee at any time.
Any unsolicited resumes/CVs submitted through our website or to Turner & Townsend personal e-mail accounts, are considered property of Turner & Townsend and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorised Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Turner & Townsend, there must be a formal written agreement in place and the agency must be invited, by the Recruitment Team, to submit candidates for review.