Maintenance Supervisor - #134716
FPI Management, Inc.
Multifamily Property Management
The Maintenance Supervisor will lead and mentor the Maintenance Team, and assist with and oversee the Maintenance and Capital Improvement needs of an assigned FPI managed site, with the overall objective of meeting the expectations of the Client, based on the respective operating capital budget and management agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITITES
This position manages a team of Maintenance personnel (comprising of any of the following roles: Technicians, Grounds keepers/Porters, Housekeepers/Cleaners), and is responsible for the performance management of these employees.
• Provide a daily, as well as a preventative, maintenance program to ensure the most economical, proper and safe condition of the property.
• Inspect the property and all common areas each morning to detect maintenance problems that require attention.
• Coordinate and complete maintenance requests within 24 hours.
• Change all air-conditioning filters at least every six months and upon apartment turnover.
• Inspect all apartments semi-annually.
• Follow a preventative maintenance schedule.
• Serve as on-call maintenance providing evening, weekends and holiday emergency service.
• Respond to after-hours requests for lockout service.
• Perform maintenance inspections and repairs on vacant apartments to ensure proper operating conditions and appearance upon move-in.
• Repair and maintain any equipment owned by the apartment community.
• Maintain all maintenance shops and storage rooms in an orderly fashion and in compliance with safety regulations.
• Properly secure all parts, inventory and property equipment.
• Maintain, within the budgetary limits, an inventory of parts to make necessary repairs.
• Wear any uniform that is provided during work hours.
• Provide all small hand tools necessary to perform routine maintenance (when applicable).
• Ensure timely completion of all duties by maintenance staff personnel to minimize labor costs.
• Comply with all FPI policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Community Director.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a similar leadership role, preferably within Residential Property Management. Experience in hotel maintenance, facilities maintenance, or construction will also be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate required. Industry certification or designation (CAMT, NAHMS, NAHMT), preferred.
- May Require a Valid Driver's License, as well as: a good driving record, current motor vehicle insurance which meets State requirements, and an operable vehicle that meets FPI's Driving Standards and Personal Vehicle Use policy.
- Must be able to wear a respirator, and have the ability to be medically fit for duty and cleared to wear a respirator, and comply with FPI's facial hair policy.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- May be required to provide and maintain own tools.
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, Google Apps, property management-related software, email, internet).
- Complete Apt Turns
- Appliance Repair
- Boiler Systems
- Drywall Installation/Repair
- Electrical Repair
- HVAC Maintenance
- Painting (Int & Ext)
- Plumbing Repair
- Pool Maintenance
- Work Order/Ticketing Sys
- Google Drive
- Google Mail (GMail)
- Internet Use
- Basic Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Embracing and exemplifying our HEART core values and incorporating them into every task performed and every interaction with clients, supervisors, team members, colleagues, residents, vendors, etc.
- Positive influencing, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential.
Why look at FPI for your next career step? We are one of the largest third-party 100% fee-managed Property Management companies in the nation, an industry leader in both the Conventional and Affordable Housing spaces, managing over 850 communities (~150,000 units) across the country, and employing ~3,500 team members. We offer comprehensive compensation and benefits packages (employee-only employer-paid plan available), ongoing training, and plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Come join Team FPI!
FPI Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. FPI Management participates in the E-Verify program.