Maintenance Technician - #134718
FPI Management, Inc.
Multifamily Property Management
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of apartment homes, buildings, and grounds, and performs highly diversified duties to include but not limited to: repairing flooring, drywall, and appliances; troubleshooting and repairing plumbing, electrical, safety and security systems (lighting, locks, smoke/CO2 alarms, etc.), and HVAC systems; painting (interior and exterior); and cleaning (sweeping, mopping, garden/yard upkeep, etc.). The Maintenance Technician is responsible for conducting all job duties in accordance with company policy and all safety protocols, and supports the overall objective of meeting the expectations of the Client, based on the respective operating capital budget and management agreement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITITES
- Carry out the philosophies and wishes of the Owner in the daily overall operations of the apartment community to ensure FPI is meeting the Client objective and expectations
2.General Maintenance Overview
- Adhere to the assigned maintenance program to ensure the most economical, proper and safe condition of the property
- Follow the preventative maintenance program as outlined in the Maintenance Manual.
- Ensure grounds, curbs, and property aesthetics are in compliance with the FPI Curb Appeal Policies.
- Assist with required periodic inspections as outlined in the Safety and Maintenance Manuals or as specified by Client or Lender.
3.On-call/After Hours Response
- Serve as on-call maintenance providing evening, weekends and holiday emergency services, as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Maintenance Manual
- Perform maintenance inspections and repairs on vacant apartments to ensure proper operating conditions and appearance upon move-in.
- Coordinate and/or assist in painting vacant apartments.
- Change out appliances-install and remove as necessary.
- Ensure timely completion of all unit turnovers according to FPI guidelines or based on the established scope of work for the property location.
5. General Maintenance Equipment and Systems
- Repair and maintain any equipment owned by the apartment community including proper storage in a secure Location Maintain all maintenance shops and storage rooms in an orderly fashion and in compliance with safety regulations
- Properly secure all parts, supplies, and property equipment
- Maintain, within the budgetary limits, an inventory of parts to make necessary repairs
- Wear required uniform, if provided, and name badge during work hours. Refer to FPI Dress Code policy
- Provide own small hand tools necessary to perform routine maintenance (when applicable)
- Consistently and fairly enforce community rules and regulations Standard Operating Procedures
- Comply with all Fair Housing Laws
- Promote a professional image by adhering to FPI Management's Dress Code Policy
- Conduct displayed must be of a professional manner when communicating with employees, residents, prospective residents, clients, vendors, and guests while representing FPI Management.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar role, preferably within Residential Property Management. Experience in hotel maintenance, facilities maintenance, or construction will also be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate required; technical school and/or CAMT certification, preferred.
- Valid Driver's License, a good driving record, current motor vehicle insurance which meets State requirements, and an operable vehicle that meets FPI's Driving Standards and Personal Vehicle Use policy.
- Must be able to wear a respirator, and have the ability to be medically fit for duty and cleared to wear a respirator, and comply with FPI's facial hair policy.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Basic computer skills (email, internet, etc.).
- May be required to provide and maintain own tools.
- Pool Maintenance
- Plumbing Repair
- Painting (Int & Ext)
- HVAC Maintenance
- Electrical Repair
- Drywall Installation/Repair
- Boiler Systems
- Appliance Repair
- Complete Apt Turns
- Google Drive
- Google Mail (GMail)
- Internet Use
- Basic Computer
- Customer Service
- Embracing and exemplifying our HEART core values and incorporating them into every task performed and every interaction with clients, supervisors, team members, colleagues, residents, vendors, etc.
- Positive influencing, interpersonal, and communication skills are essential.
Why look at FPI for your next career step? We are one of the largest third-party 100% fee-managed Property Management companies in the nation, an industry leader in both the Conventional and Affordable Housing spaces, managing over 850 communities (~150,000 units) across the country, and employing ~3,500 team members. We offer comprehensive compensation and benefits packages (employee-only employer-paid plan available), ongoing training, and plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Come join Team FPI!
FPI Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. FPI Management participates in the E-Verify program.