Mental Health Specialist II - #134667
* Sign on Bonus $1000 *
At Dungarvin, we are creating something special. A Minnesota based industry leader for over 45 years, we are looking to add an experienced and committed human service professional to support individuals with disabilities. If you are looking to make a difference, if you are creative and solution focused, if you are interested in growing in your career, we want you on our team! Here at Dungarvin we have a lot to offer our employees!
WHY WORK HERE:
- Wages start at $20/hour
- Regularly scheduled pay increases
- PTO accrual rates increasing with tenure
- Both full-time and part-time schedules available.
- Over-time available
- 401(k) plan available
- FREE Life Insurance
- PayActiv- Access 50% of your wages before pay day!
- Pet Insurance available
- Medical, dental and vision available
- Cell phone discounts
- Paid Training
- Milage reimbursement
- Various growth opportunities
- Locations all throughout Minnesota make it easy for you to move WITH your job wherever life takes you!
Mental Health Specialist II (MHS II) work in our Acute Behavioral Services (ABS) programs. These are highly specialized programs in which we serve individuals with intensive, interfering behavioral and mental health needs. The persons receiving these services have many of the following characteristics: previously placed in a highly restricted facility, high incidents of crisis situations, high behaviors or anti-social issues, multiple hospitalizations/commitments/ institutional stays, history of law enforcement involvement due to behaviors, and multiple failed placements. These homes have been significantly modified to eliminate safety concerns. Consistency and routine are key factors in the proven success of these programs. Because of the complex/high level behaviors, MHS IIs are provided training for manual restraints and will experience mental, emotional, and physical manipulation from the person we support. Staff may be exposed to severe verbal aggression that may include disparaging remarks, racial slurs and swearing. ABS programs utilize a person-centered approach to creating a program that focuses on supporting a person to reach their goals while still considering the safety of the individual, staff, and the community.
The MHS II is responsible to provide direct services and supports to each person served according to his/ her needs. This includes intense interfering behavioral health management, assisting in maintaining a clean, safe living environment, assisting and training on daily living skills, transportation and supervision while promoting a person-centered approach.
("direct support professional" OR caregiver OR "home health aide" OR "direct care staff" OR "personal care assistant" OR "direct care worker" OR "personal support worker" OR "certified nursing assistant" OR "mental health technician" OR "patient care technician" OR "mental health specialist" OR "behavioral health technician")
- Must be at least 18 years old, 21 years old for some sites
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- 2 years of experience working with mental illness- Experience with behavior management a plus!
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Current auto liability insurance
- Reliable transportation
WHY THIS JOB?
- Positively change the lives of individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities as well as their families.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.