Network Administrator - #135226
Link Solutions, Inc.
Link Solutions, Inc. delivers reliable and effective Information Technology services to government clients in support of critical mission needs. Delivering a broad range of Infrastructure Operations, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Virtualization, Cloud and Mobility services.
If you’re looking for a technology company that values innovation, with a vision toward the future of the technology landscape, look no further than Link Solutions! Link is quality and compliance-focused, under our guiding philosophy “Mission First, Customer Always".
We are ISO 9001:2008, ISO 20000-1:2018, ISO 27001:2013 certified and appraised for CMMI ML3 for Services and Development.
Link Solutions is seeking a Network Administrator (Intermediate-Level) in Rock Island, Illinois.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Non-remote (relocation incentive available)
The Network Administrator will perform under general direction, and use current information security technology disciplines and practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of government information assets supporting the Rock Island Arsenal. At Link Solutions, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement and growth.
- Manages the network components of a global information system.
- Patches/upgrades firmware/changes components and maintains the network.
- Configures Switches, routers, and crypto devices.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity problems, including monitoring the network and servers for problems, diagnosing problems, and taking the appropriate corrective measures to ensure an expedient resolution.
- Install, administer, support, and maintain server hardware, peripherals, software, and operating systems.
- Collect and review network utilization data for capacity and planning purposes.
- Assist in developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining disaster recovery plans.
- Manage trouble tickets using the Remedy Ticketing application.
- Analyzes, administers, and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Manages the usage and performance of voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
- Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
- Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
- Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
- Interface with vendors for procurement & maintenance of all IT infrastructures.
- Assisting in project planning and deployments.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
- US Citizen
- Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a T3 secret clearance.
- IAT Level II Certification (CompTIA Security+ CE, CySA+, equivalent or higher).
- Three (3+) years of directly related experience.
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification (attainable within 6 months of performance start date): Microsoft or related certification.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), or Brocade Certified Professional preferred.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals.
Link Solutions Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to include paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, company-paid long and short-term disability, life insurance, referral bonuses, relocation reimbursement incentive, certification reimbursement program, retirement, and more.
Link Solutions, Inc. is an EOE. AA/M/F/D/V. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.