Office Claims Rep - #135266
Louisiana Farm Bureau
Are you looking for a great team environment? Southern Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company is currently seeking an Office Claims Representative for our Baton Rouge, LA office.
Southern Farm Bureau is a great company and an excellent place to work. The Company offers a family-oriented work environment and a rich benefit package including paid time off, company matched 401(k), pension/retirement, medical, dental, vision, group life, accidental death and dismemberment, employee assistant program, a continued education program, and a hybrid home/office work schedule.
The Office Claims Representative will:
- Analyze policy contracts to determine coverage.
- Negotiate fair settlement with insured, third party claimants and/or legal representatives and issue payment.
- Collect settlement documents and prepare status reports for file documentation.
- Investigate the facts surrounding the claim by using various types of communication such as telephone, mail, email, and other means available to determine liability.
- Prepare status reports to the District Claims Manager and/or Office Claims Supervisor in a timeline designated by those individuals.
- Assist in catastrophe claims operations as needed.
- Attend training sessions to gain the skills and ability to perform the functions of a claims representative.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Regular and predictable attendance if required.
- Previous insurance or customer service experience
- Bachelors or better
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Adjuster License