On-Demand: Guest Advocate (Cashier), General Merchandise, Fulfillment, Food and Beverage, Style (T1210) - #135451
Jobs for Humanity
Company Name: Target
Job Opportunity: Guest Advocate at Target
Location: 1370 Highway 15 S, Hutchinson, Minnesota, United States, 55350-3801
Starting Hourly Rate: $15.00 USD
At Target, we are a Fortune 50 company with a strong team of over 350,000 members all around the world. We are proud to be an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means belonging to a community that cares about families and invests in the places we live, work, and play. We prioritize relationships, talent development, and teamwork. Our purpose is ingrained in everything we do - it's how we care, grow, and succeed together.
About the On-Demand Position:
As an On-Demand Team Member (TM), you have the flexibility to work as much or as little as you like. Your schedule may vary depending on shift availability and store needs. This role is ideal for those who prefer a personalized work schedule.
As an On-Demand TM, you have the opportunity to create your own schedule by picking up shifts that work best for you. You will not be included on the posted weekly schedule but instead can access available shifts through our myTime mobile scheduling app.
We require your active engagement by picking up and working shifts and responding to our attempts to contact you. Regular attendance is necessary, and you must work at least one shift within 6 months to maintain employment with Target.
If offered a position as an On-Demand TM, you will attend a Target Welcome orientation and a short-term structured training schedule to prepare you for your new role. After that, you can use the myTime mobile app to pick up the shifts you desire to work.
About Service & Engagement:
As a Guest Advocate, your role is to prioritize guest experience by welcoming, thanking, and exceeding guest service expectations. You will focus on guest interaction and recovery, advocating for both physical and digital services to drive adoption, usage, and guest loyalty.
At Target, we believe in providing meaningful experiences that help our team members build and develop skills for a career. As a Guest Advocate, you will have the opportunity to:
- Communicate and interact with guests to create an inclusive experience
- Solve guest concerns and positively impact their experience
- Adapt to different guest interactions and situations
- Promote and sell various benefits, offerings, and services
Responsibilities as a Guest Advocate:
A typical day may include the following:
- Demonstrate excellent guest service by following our service standards
- Create a welcoming experience for all guests
- Observe and tailor your approach based on guest needs and cues
- Engage with guests, ask questions, and understand their specific needs
- Be knowledgeable about store offerings and solve guest issues
- Thank guests and make them feel valued
- Efficiently scan and bag items while following safety standards
- Minimize guest wait time while maintaining accuracy
- Inform guests about brand launches, activities, and events
- Promote the Target RedCard and assist guests with the application process
- Be familiar with fulfillment services and the Target App
- Process returns and resolve guest concerns
- Provide seamless service for Order Pick Up, Drive Up, and Registry guests
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of work area
- Ensure ethical conduct, safety, and compliance at all times
- Support services such as order pick up and drive-up
- Perform other duties as needed
- Enjoy working in a fun and energetic environment
- Provide exceptional service and interact with guests
- Enjoy making things easy for others
- Available to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technology
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to handle cash transactions
- Ability to lift and move merchandise up to 15-40 pounds
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Target is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require assistance during the application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center, or contact Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680.