Optical Lab Manager - Eyeglasses - #135218
Eyeglass World is part of National Vision, one of the largest and fastest-growing optical retailers in the United States. Eyeglass World has over 100 locations across the United States and offers eye exams, contact lenses, eyeglasses, sunglasses and protective eyewear. The brand keeps customers happy with affordable prices and same-day service via in-store labs.
For more details about Eyeglass Word, visit EyeglassWorld.com.
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
The Lab Manager oversees the operation of the lab and ensures quality and same day service standards are met. This position also supervises the Lab Technicians.
How would you like Sundays off? Yes, every Sunday we’re closed!
What Would You Do? The Specifics?
- Optimizes and oversees the Lab to ensure efficiency and compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and creates an action plan for improvement. Provides world-class service by treating customers with respect, providing prompt and courteous service, and listening and understanding their needs.
- Executes same day service using “Ready When Promised” production board.
- Performs machine maintenance to ensure that all lab equipment is clean and in good working order according to standards. Addresses immediately all equipment malfunctions and informs the General Manager and retail staff of any production delays.
- Ensures that all safety rules and standards are followed, including making sure that all Lab Technicians, wear protective eyewear in the lab at all times.
- Assists in controlling inventory shrinkage through the monitoring and recording of breakage and accurate inventories. Ensures that the store maintains a proper level of lenses and lab supplies to provide prompt customer service.
- Supervises and motivates Lab Technicians and ensures the timely completion of day-to-day functions.
- Assists the General Manager with recruiting, selecting and retaining a high caliber lab staff.
- Delegates work functions to team members in an appropriate manner in order to maximize organizational goals and individual development.
- Ensures lab associate scheduling complies with payroll guidelines while considering skill level.
- Ensures that all lab associates are properly trained on all lab equipment and they continue to develop their knowledge of laboratory techniques. Partners with the Training Department and Employee Relations to ensure all training and development occur on time and when needed for each associate.
- Completes annual performance reviews along with continuous coaching conversations with all associates.
Taking care of our people
We understand the importance of financial health and security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation to all Associates – including bonus potential for every position in the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide training programs, access to educational courses and pride ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from within.
Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.