PARENT LIAISON - PART TIME - #135259
Jackson Public Schools
PARENT LIAISON (PART-TIME)
- At least a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to learn and proficiently use various technology platforms used for school-to-home communication.
- Proficiency in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel)
Building Principal/Principal Designee
To develop partnerships, build relationships and increase active participation, communication and collaboration between all stakeholders to improve the education and outcomes for children.
- Implements school-wide parenting initiative and activities to empower parents to become positive, active participants in the education for their children.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of activities that align with the district’s school’s monthly, quarterly, and/pr annual parent and family engagement focus.
- Promotes strategies that support successful school and family engagement.
- Assists with disseminating information to parents.
- Maintains program records as directed by the district’s parent coordinator.
- Works to establish and maintain communication and relationships between school and home.
- Assists the school with securing and maintaining important documentation from parents and from family engagement activities.
- Attends professional development training sessions.
- Performs other parent engagement related duties as requested or assigned.
Prepares reports as requested.
Performs other related duties as requested or assigned.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
Tutor, Parent Center Title I
248 per school year
$11.50 per hour - Non-Certified
$20.00 per hour - Certified
Primary Location Bates Elementary School
Salary Range $11.50 / Per Hour
Shift Type Full-Time