Patient Services Coordinator - #134837
Patient Services Coordinator– AdventHealth Orlando
Location: 601 E ROLLINS ST, Orlando, 32803
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: (Customizable
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Pet Insurance*
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
- Sign-on Bonus*
- Relocation Bonus*
- Team Based Nursing Model*
- Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
- Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time days
Shift: Mon – Fri 7am – 3:30pm
The role you’ll contribute:
The Patient Services Coordinator is an integral member of the Gamma Knife Team, coordinating all related appointments, obtaining all necessary authorizations, and remaining in constant contact with the clinical team. Responsible for answering patient’s questions pertaining to Gamma Knife scheduling and insurance information. Serves as first responder to patient issues and works to find solutions to any barriers that arise. Coordinates orders for procedures and follow-up imaging, obtaining and uploading into system as necessary. Oversees scanning all procedure documents and notes into Cerner and Aria. Assists in weekly multidisciplinary Tumor Board preparation and post Tumor Board tasks. Orders clinical and clerical supplies for department. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
.The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Addresses and responds to patient non-clinical questions. Responds to email correspondence from hospital staff, administrators and physician offices, securing necessary information and resolving issues within a timely manner.
- Collaborates with Neurosurgeon’s assistants, Radiation Oncologists, and Gamma Knife Operations Manager to schedule patients for Gamma Knife procedures and consultations.
- Verifies benefits and obtains insurance authorization for all patients receiving Gamma Knife. Informs physician practices and Gamma Knife Operations Manager of any benefit problems. Answers insurance benefit/authorization questions for patients and families and process all necessary paperwork. Collects co-pays as necessary.
- Updates computer system of all necessary information related to insurance benefits and authorizations. Documents the authorization and verification of benefits in the patient’s chart.
- Contacts physician to arrange peer-to-peer discussions as necessary.
- Communicates necessary patient information to the nursing staff.
- Schedules Gamma Knife patients for follow-up imaging and appointments as per physician orders, obtains and uploads images as necessary.
- Oversees scanning of all procedure documents and notes into Cerner and Aria after procedure is completed.
- Serves as clinical aid/assistant during Gamma Knife procedures when necessary. Coordinates nutrition and transportation orders for the day of the procedure.
- Assists with weekly multidisciplinary Tumor Board preparation and post Tumor Board tasks.
- Orders clinical and clerical supplies for department.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- One year experience in patient care setting
- BLS certification
• Medical coding, billing, and insurance certificates
- Knowledge of computer software, particularly Cerner, Aria and Sunport
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.