Picker/Packer 2 - #135126
We offer COMPETITIVE Wages and GREAT Benefits in a CLEAN and CLIMATE CONTROLLED work environment!
RRD is looking for energetic and highly motivated individuals to join our team in Charlotte.
Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work. Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques. May operate a pick truck or hoist to pull inventory from the warehouse. Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage. Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions. Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping. Count and sort various product items. Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for final product. Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule. May be the lead on a shift providing oversight and quality control. May prepare shipments of customer samples.
1st Shift: Tuesday - Saturday 6am-2:15pm, plus overtime as needed. Must be willing to work mandatory overtime periods including weekend and holidays.
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Excellent knowledge of routine and non-routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents and ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- Ability to identify stock description, units, weight, quantity and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- May require skill in using heat sealers, cutters, hand and power tools.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages, which will be used to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Job requires the ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds frequently and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and strong attention to detail.
- Abiltiy to operate well in a team environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to perform repetitive hand motions.
- Ability to achieve standard production and quality goals.
- Must be willing to work mandatory overtime periods as critical work volume dictates.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Experience with kitting/fulfillment activities preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, demanding and deadline driven production environment.
The pay range for this role at the noted location is $11.82- $16.54/ hour. The actual rate of pay offered may vary based upon, but not limited to: education, skills, experience, proficiency, performance, shift, and location. In addition to base salary, depending on the role, the total compensation package may also include, overtime, shift differential, call-in, and stand-by pay. RRD offers benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, disability insurance, 401(k) with match, life insurance and other voluntary supplemental insurance coverages, plus tuition assistance, maternity leave, adoption assistance, and employer/partner discounts.