Policy Services Specialist Contractor- Remote - #135285
When it comes to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers and employees, USAble Life (a Life & Specialty Ventures Company) is always ready.
At USAble Life, we strive to have a positive impact in the lives of others, especially our employees. We are a diverse group of individuals working together to go the extra mile. Bring your talents and expertise to join our team, and you’ll be rewarded with opportunities for personal and professional development. Our passion for delivering the best products is matched by our passion for our people.
USAble Life has made Arkansas Business Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” for an impressive fifth consecutive year in a row! This, coupled with our engaging culture and a comprehensive benefits package, ensures we are committed to our employees.
Life Takes You Places! Are you ready to join us?
We are currently seeking a Temporary Policy Services Specialist for a 2-3 month contract during our Open Enrollment period Compensation is $15.00 per hour.
A Policy Services Specialist I will:
- Review the accurate and timely issuance of new business that are considered tier 1 and 2 cases and transition activity.
- Perform a combination of group set-up, review, and quality assurance activity related to new group issuance and changes to in-force contracts.
- Group set-up activity includes: reviews proposals and applications for accuracy and consistency, enters applications into the processing system, determines specific class structure and prepares certificates and policies; coordinates with internal departments and external customers for clarity and accuracy with respect to set-up guidelines, procedures and supporting documents; ensures records are complete and accurate in company database; and responsible for the issuance of the fulfillment material to new groups and related parties.
- Quality assurance activity consists of: verification of the group installation on the administrative system; comparison of proposal and master application; review of class structure and associated certificates; validation of the corrections letter; review of fulfillment package including non-insurance products, and certification of the first billing and review filed variable statements to inform customers of contract limitations.
- Transition activity could include: moving billing from outside system to our internal billing, maintaining the membership for a period of time, issue new contracts if needed, and communicate with partners/customers for needed information, billing questions, etc.
- Review master contracts and determine/verify class structures. Set-up/review group products in the administration system.
- Scrub/validate new business and coordinates with sales, underwriting and others to receive completed, accurate paperwork and information. Document differences/exceptions for upstream presentation to drive improvement and change behaviors.
- Review conversion/transition requirements and set groups up in the administrative system. Also set up new contracts where need and maintains enrollment for a period of time. Complete quality assurance reviews on completed work.
- Set-up/confirm and maintain policy and certificate generation. Prepare policy and certificate schedules for new business.
- Add/review group employees to the system in order to generate an accurate first bill/bill after change. Review/certify the first bill to ensure accuracy in all areas, such as employee names, departments, benefits, rates and premiums
- Identify and present process improvement opportunities resulting from quality review process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Critical thinking, ability to multi-task and a self starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate MS Office Skills
- Ability to prioritize and work within time constraints
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2 years experience in a related field
- Or, equivalent military experience