Presales, Prisma Cloud Solutions Architect - Strategics, Nevada - #135186
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
As a Palo Alto Networks Solutions Architect (SA), you will aim to build influential relationships with key technical decision makers at customers. With those trusted relationships, you are better positioned to uncover new opportunities that help solve customer problems and fuel their business drivers.
We aim to make the role of the SA the highlight of your technical sales career. You will be surrounded by the preeminent cybersecurity experts in the industry who will support your success personally, professionally, and with your customer engagements. Rallying all the Palo Alto Networks resources for the benefit of customer success, you will become the influential cloud native security thought leader.
All this happens by having a culture of psychological safety where we give and accept feedback freely for the goal of continually growing and improving, so we show up as the best versions of ourselves every day.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to prospects and customers working with your Account Manager and the local partners within your territory
- Educate customers about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to be aware of
- Showcase security best practices and desired outcomes by building technical proof of concepts, and educating customers on the value proposition of Prisma Cloud
- Be the technical voice of Sales for all things related to security and compliance in Public Cloud (Alicloud, AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform)
- Develop relationships with technical teams in channel partners who will be integral in providing successful deployments and cloud security
- Act as a conduit for customer feedback to Product Management, Technical Marketing, competitor intelligence, and R&D to create requirements and deliver product features for our customers
- Frequency of travel is about twice a month, on average - This includes occasional travel for internal events (sales kickoff, technical summit), as well as for cloud security and DevSecOps industry conferences
- Degree in CS or equivalent experience or equivalent military experience required
- 3+ years technical sales or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Hands-on experience using IaC software tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, GCP Cloud Deployment Manager etc) and CI/CD tools (IDEs, GitLab, GitHuB, Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform configuration and administration of security features and services (including identity and access management, networking, firewalls, encryption)
- Background in security domain, cloud security highly preferred
- Understanding of container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift
The SA is mapped to one or more Sales Specialists. As a Prisma Cloud specialist team, we are part of the Core Palo Alto Networks account team that owns the end-to-end relationship with our customers.
The Prisma Cloud specialist team will plan, collaborate, and coordinate with the Core team for customer engagements and opportunity ownership. For all Prisma Cloud opportunities, the specialist team owns the opportunity end-to-end, while keeping the Core team in the loop throughout.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $192,000/yr to $264,000/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.