Prisma Cloud Sales Specialist, Strategics, Bay Area - #135202
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
FLEXWORK is an employee-centric reimagining of how we work. We built FLEXWORK based on employee feedback – it is about flexibility, trust, and choice whenever possible. It’s been a journey of disruption that has yielded the best of our values. We offer as much flexibility as possible, and choices that enable you to be most productive, including benefits that meet your needs and learning opportunities that you feel passionate about.
You will join an exciting and high growth business unit with Palo Alto Networks positioning the industry’s most comprehensive cloud native security platform, with the industry’s broadest security and compliance coverage for applications, data, and the entire cloud native technology stack throughout the development lifecycle and across hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing a territory focusing on Major Accounts. Working closely with Palo Alto business partners and driving sales for our Prisma Cloud security solutions, into new and existing customers. It is expected that you deliver or exceed your sales targets in both new business and renewals for ACV and TCV bookings. The role expects you to define your territory, strategies and then lead local execution and in alignment to company strategies and tactics with its Cloud Provider partnerships including, but not limited to, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Accenture and IBM.
- Win new logos, renew existing customer and expand business within your territory
- Achieve ACV sales quotas on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Present regular/accurate forecasting for review
- Track and report on all opportunities, pipeline, and bookings to provide forecast reports to region management
- Engage with the local Cloud Provider (AWS, Azure, and Google) sales programs and joint activities
- Develop, share and implement standard methodologies and account strategies to increase our sales penetration of Cloud Security into our top accounts
- Engage with customers to identify and progress opportunities whilst delivering subject matter expertise on Cloud & Cloud Native Security solutions
- Qualify and progress leads and opportunities through the sales cycle to closure
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with channel partners
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of Cloud Computing, DevOps & Cloud Native technologies as well as the competitive position of the company
- Conduct consistent training and communications for the sales and channel teams as well as joint engagement within the wider organisation
- Contribute to the larger Palo Alto Network’s Cloud & Cloud Native strategy by providing regional specific intelligence and reporting
- Apply subject matter expertise in training, QBRs, enablement, and other engagement activities
- Gather “Voice of Customer” and competitive intelligence and share with theatre and global Cloud organization
- Help build and project Palo Alto Networks position as the number one enterprise cloud security company
- 7+ years' experience exceeding sales quota as a Major or Large Account Manager, Channel Account Manager, or Territory Account Manager for a multinational company
- Sales excellence - ability to demonstrate planning, strategy, qualification and execution
- Deep understanding of Public Cloud and the uniqueness of public cloud architectures
- Prior experience selling SAAS or Cloud solutions
- Existing relationships within one or all Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google) is preferred
- Understanding of DevOps, containers/kubernetes, CI/CD and the cloud native technology ecosystem
- Excellent communication skills including strong verbal and written skills and proven presentation skills being able to articulate complex topics
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and consultative sales techniques
Palo Alto Networks has brought technology to the market that is reshaping the cybersecurity threat and protection landscape. Our ability to protect digital transactions is limited only by our ability to establish relationships with our potential customers and help them understand how our products can protect their environments. This is where our sales teams come in. Our sales team members work together with large organizations to keep their digital information safe. Our passionate sales teams educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are driven by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats. You’re an amazing salesperson – you’re just looking for something more substantial and challenging as your next step.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/commissioned roles) is expected to be between $251,900/yr to $346,400/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here.