Project Manager, National Security and Mission Support - #134777
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position**
The Project Manager (PM) will support project efforts for the National Security and Mission Support (NSMS) practice area. The PM will also be a key member of the team who is responsible for administrative, contractual, financial, and logistical aspects of NSMS projects. The required location for this opportunity is in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area, and the selected individual is expected to work a hybrid schedule out of our Courthouse, VA office.
- Manage requirements for deployment, including visas and pre-deployment approvals.
- Track, receive, and validate expense reports for deployed staff.
- Support managing project finances and approval requirements, track incoming costs, project future expenditures, and prepare financial reports.
- Coordinate contractual and financial matters, including managing subcontractors.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection, and onboarding of project staff and consultants.
- Facilitate logistical and mobilization activities for field projects.
- Support the procurement of in-country goods and services (e.g., housing, transportation, etc.).
- Work closely with the Project Team on ensuring the timeliness and quality of required deliverables, and other reports or presentations as required.
- Track and ensure on-time completion of client deliverables and other tasks across multiple ongoing activities.
- Support business development activities, to include identification of Key Personnel, costing, and proposal writing.
- Support Project Management Teams to maintain compliance with DOS and Tetra Tech policies and procedures across all areas of program implementation.
- Provide technical support as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum two years of work experience supporting administrative or operations functions required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Budgeting and financial management skills preferred.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues, including managing above as well as below.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required. Advanced expertise preferred.
- Ability to receive a Top-Secret U.S. Government Security Clearance required.
- Fluency in English required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Pay Transparency Statement:
We are committed to taking a thoughtful, compliant and equitable approach to employment compensation. We commit to providing a holistic comprehensive salary analysis, including reviews of individual skill sets and compensable factors related to qualifications, business needs, internal compensation data, and industry and labor market surveys. The anticipated pay range for this position is $62,000 to $69,000 USD.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.