Project Scientist - #134934
Blue Bell, PA; USA
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Ramboll is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to join our team in our Blue Bell, PA office as a Project Scientist. We invite you to bring your strong technical abilities into play as you support our Biodiversity & Ecosystems practice, particularly in the context of ecological risk assessment, ecological evaluation, habitat characterization and natural resources consulting. To succeed in this role, candidates must have a B.S. (M.S. strongly preferred) in Biology, Environmental Science, Toxicology, Ecology, Chemistry or related discipline, and 5 to 7 years of technical experience conducting ecological risk assessment, environmental and ecological evaluations, site investigation, conceptual site model development, designing and implementing field programs, natural resource compliance and permitting, habitat evaluations, and similar work (e.g., fate and transport evaluation, exposure modeling, data management and analysis)
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions strive to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies, and people around the world.
Join our Environment & Health Department
As our new Project Scientist, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team providing innovative and sustainable site solutions to an international client base.
As a Project Scientist in this role, you will assist with complex site investigation and remediation projects focused on the characterization of risk to ecological receptors and support the development of remedies that mitigate unacceptable risk and effectively address affected media. This position also includes support in the development and safe implementation of field programs, sampling, biological studies, data management/analysis/interpretation, and the preparation of technical reports.
The successful candidate will contribute to multiple different projects under the direction of managers and senior practitioners and be responsible for duties that include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate and perform field tasks, data collection, habitat assessment, and sampling as part of environmental investigation and remediation projects at primarily industrial/hazardous waste sites.
- Compile and tabulate field and analytical laboratory data
- Evaluate, interpret and summarize data trends and results in technical reports.
- Conduct quantitative, statistical, and spatial analysis including ecological receptor exposure modeling
- Author ecological evaluations, screening-level documents, ecological risk assessments, and similar technical reports
- Leading NEPA, impact assessment, and regulatory compliance for major and complex projects
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. We believe your starting point for growth is:
- M.S. in Biology, Environmental Science, Toxicology, Ecology, Chemistry or related discipline
- 5 to 7 years of technical experience in site assessment, remedial investigation, ecological risk assessment, habitat characterization, data analysis, exposure modeling and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of CERCLA, RCRA, USEPA RAGs/ERAGs
- Strong analytical, data and research skills
- Ability to respond to multiple demands and manage time effectively with positivity
- Well balanced mindset and perspective with demonstrated leadership ability.
- Completion of the OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER course, plus current refresher.
- Good interpersonal skills, client focus, and strong ability to work effectively in teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a strong attention to detail, quality, and safety.
- Command of common software including MS Word and Excel as well as statistical software packages (e.g., R). Basic GIS skills are a plus.
- Lifelong learner with long-term interest in consulting, professional growth, development, training, and leadership.
Ramboll Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase livability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Responsible business conduct and sustainable practices have been part of Ramboll’s DNA since the company’s inception. Today these principles are an integral part of Our Mission and services and are formalized through our systematic work with the UN sustainable development goals. We are dedicated to taking a leading role in sharing best practices and creating value for clients by delivering solutions that are environmentally, economically, and socially sustainable. We have also committed to ambitious targets to maximize our own sustainability performance and set the industry benchmark.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.