Property Director - #135290
YMCA of Lincoln
DISCOVER MORE THAN A JOB
Oversees and assumes direct responsibility for the housekeeping functions and/or general and preventative building/property maintenance,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Using discretion and independent judgement, directs and supervises housekeeping functions and/or general and preventative building/property maintenance and custodial functions including but not limited to:
- Creates and maintains documented preventative maintenance plans.
- Performs housekeeping and/or general and preventative building/property maintenance.
- Assumes responsibility for snow removal from entrances/sidewalks.
- Works with the branch safety representative to maintain and update MSDS manuals.
- Visually and auditorily observes and assesses situations within buildings and programs for safety, security and to detect adherence to policies. Addresses safety issues that arise.
- Conducts safety training pertinent to department staff.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment; orders supplies within branch budget.
- Inputs timely entries into asset management system.
- Establishes contacts and determines when outside contractors are needed to perform services for the branch. Works with the Executive to receive approval prior to contracting, taking into account the type of service needed, safety and cost. Addresses concerns with the service provider as they arise.
Member & Program Experience
- Assists in supporting the overall member and/or program experience including but not limited to program and membership registrations, tours and visually and auditorily monitoring building and program areas for safety and security, as applicable to branch location.
- Acknowledges, identifies by name, interacts and communicates with members, program participants and volunteers to develop and maintain positive relationships.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations, schools and vendors.
- Directly carries out supervisory responsibilities to effectively manage personnel in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; auditing and appraising performance; approving and reporting payroll; conducting staff meetings; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides overall leadership and direction through ongoing coaching and development.
- Facilitates and fosters a team based culture throughout the organization where everyone has responsibility and accountability for the success of the organization.
- Takes personal initiative to source, recruit and retain staff. Assumes an active role in creating and implementing the department and association’s recruiting outreach and retention plans.
- Keeps safety and risk management top of mind. Visually and auditorily monitors facility structure and program areas on a regular basis to identify areas of risk and violations of policies/procedures. Puts training and plans in place to minimize risk or address violations of policies/procedures.
- Communicates to all staff and volunteers the organization’s commitment to protect youth from abuse. Continually monitors programs for signs of abuse and responds seriously and confidentially to viewed or received reports of suspicious and inappropriate behaviors. Follows mandated reporting requirements related to abuse.
- Performs other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members, including but not limited to housekeeping, sanitation, etc. throughout all YMCA buildings and program areas.
- Develops, in coordination with Executive Director, and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Continuously seeks and implements ways to increase revenue and control expenses.
- Assumes a lead role in assisting with and promoting the Annual Campaign.
- Visits with donors and prospective donors via email, phone and in-person to build relationships and exchange information to promote the Y story.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the databases related to branch and program operations (e.g., membership, HRIS, asset management system, etc.). Takes initiative to remain up to date on the capabilities of the systems and actively implements into branch processes/procedures.
Administrative & Other
- Participates in Vision Experience Teams (VET’s) as applicable.
- Receives and carries out instructions.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance. Participates in evening/weekend and on call rotation as well as special events as required.
- Performs special projects and other related duties as needed or assigned by management.