Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - #135289
Emergence Health Network
Job Code: PREPRNP - 135
Revision Date: November 2, 2022
Starting Salary: $59.96 hourly; $124,722 annually
We are an agency committed to innovative behavioral health services in trauma-informed care that promote healing and recovery to instill a sense of empowerment and foster a lifelong sense of resilience.
The purpose of this job is to assess, treat and manage children and adult patients with mental health or psychiatric conditions, diagnoses, order labs and imaging for patients. Implements the integrated care model within organizational policies while reporting activities to the CMO.
This class works independently, under limited supervision, reporting major activities through periodic meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
- Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for children and adults with mental health or psychiatric conditions.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient's age-specific needs. Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability. Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals. Facilitate staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Creates fresh evidence-based approaches and techniques, paying thought to research findings, core theory, and experience from practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Requires a Master's Degree from a Nurse Practitioner School accredited by the Committee of Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; or possession of any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Experience with trauma-informed services; cognitive behavioral therapies, including DBT; and motivational therapies including the use of incentives, preferred.
Required Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge of trauma-informed theories, principals, and practices (includes multi-faceted understanding of concepts such as community trauma, intergenerational and historical trauma, parallel processes, and universal precautions), preferred.
Performs sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or sustained keyboard operations.
Unavoidable Hazards (Work Environment)
- Involves routine and frequent exposure to
- Bright/dim light; Dusts and pollen.
- Extreme heat and/or cold; Wet or humid conditions.
- Extreme noise levels, Animals/wildlife.
- Vibration; Fumes and/or noxious odors.
- Traffic; Moving machinery.
- Other extreme hazards not listed above.
Special Certifications and Licenses
- Requires APRN state license.
- Requires DEA number.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to pass a TB, criminal background and drug screen.
Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance (ADA)
Emergence Health Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires Emergence Health Network to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Other Job Characteristics
- Staffing requirements, including criteria that staff have diverse disciplinary backgrounds, have necessary State required license and accreditation, and are culturally and linguistically trained to serve the needs of the clinic's patient population.
- Credentialed, certified, and licensed professionals with adequate training in person-centered, family centered, trauma informed, culturally-competent and recovery-oriented care.
Note: This Class Description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Emergence Health Network and an employee and is subject to change by the Emergence Health Network as its needs change.