Quality Inspector (Swing Shift) - #135123
With over 90 years of customer-focused performance, Boyd has evolved as a market leader in engineered rubber, plastic, metal, flexible environmental sealing & energy management solutions. Boyd is a unique supplier, valuing our people as our most important resource. With our best-in-class technical sales associates, sales support service teams & field application, quality, & manufacturing engineers, Boyd offers total global solutions to enhance the performance & manufacturability of your products. Our cost-effective, tight-tolerance, global manufacturing capabilities ensure superior total landed cost as well as reliability throughout the product life cycle.
Under general supervision, a Quality Inspector performs complex inspection tasks using sophisticated measuring tools. Provide technical support to production and assist the Quality Manager with non-routine tasks to ensure compliance to quality standards. Essential job responsibilities include:
- Interpret blueprints, diagrams, and other specifications as necessary.
- Perform inspection tasks using sophisticated measuring equipment including Optical Gauging Devices.
- Notify appropriate personnel when action is needed to improve manufacturing process quality and provide technical support for the implementation of these improvements.
- Coordinate inspection requirements to satisfy urgent, intermediate and long-term requirements.
- Compile, analyze, and report statistical indicators of process performance.
- Prepare quality reports as requested.
- Assist with receiving inspection, supplier corrective actions, implementation of product corrective and preventive actions as needed.
- Conduct internal quality audits as needed or requested.
- Ability to follow documented procedures and work instructions.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least one-year previous plastic manufacturing and/or quality assurance experience preferred.
- The pay range for this position: $18.69 – $21.00/hour, FLSA status: non-exempt
Boyd is an equal opportunity employer and offers the following benefits:
- Medical (3 PPO plan options), dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Employer-provided AD&D insurance, short- and long-term disability
- Voluntary accident insurance, critical illness, hospital indemnity, and whole life plans
- Voluntary life insurance plans
- 401k with company match
- 50% subsidized unlimited use ORCA pass
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick time
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Strong written/verbal communication.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints with changing priorities.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Attention to detail including visual inspection or various shapes and sizes of parts.
- Knowledge of blueprints and usage of inspection, measurement, and testing devices.
- Experience using a PC including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Ability to read and understand geometric dimensioning and tolerance symbols.
- Ability to keep accurate records, understand engineering specifications and drawings.
- Ability to use computer hardware and software systems commonly used in the quality industry (Word, Excel, Statistical Data Programs, CPK, etc.
- Knowledge of cosmetic specifications for plastic molded parts, screen printed parts and pad printed parts.
- Ability to see slight differences in objects, shapes and colors.
- Previous plastics and/or inspection experience required.