Sales Associate - Optical - #135067
America's Best is part of National Vision, one of the largest and fastest-growing optical retailers in the United States. The America’s Best brand continues to grow, with 800 stores and counting. Each location combines both parts of the optical equation – eyewear and eye care – into one excellent experience at a single low price.
For more details about America's Best, visit AmericasBest.com.
At National Vision, we believe everyone deserves to see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
Our strong force of talented opticians and associates help customers see their best to live their best. By selling, fitting and dispensing eyewear to customers with superb customer service, our opticians ensure our standard of excellence is never compromised – and they’re rewarded for that with an impressive benefits package.
What would you do? – The Specifics
The role is responsible for selling, fitting and dispensing eyewear to customers.
- Meets National Vision's sales and company objectives.
- Adheres to National Vision’s Code of Conduct to ensure professional and productive environment for associates.
- Works to bring National Vision’s Mission, Vision, and Values to life by fostering an inclusive and respectful environment for associates and customers.
- Assists with dispensing eyeglasses and contact lenses to customers, as permitted by state law.
- Performs insertion and removal training of contact lenses to customers, as permitted by state law.
- Educates clients on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
- Maintains accurate and organized patient records.
- Notifies customers when orders are ready or of any delays.
- Assists customers with picking out eyewear, recommending appropriate products for lifestyle and Rx.
- Answers, screens, and forwards incoming phone calls in accordance with National Vision protocol.
- Diligently maintains the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily based on safety protocols.
- Ensures inventory control and loss prevention procedures are followed at all times.
- Maintains visual merchandising according to Brand and Company Standards.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable Talent
- 1+ years related experience or training in retail/customer service preferred.
- Strong selling skills, aimed at meeting both the store's and self-sales targets, by following company policies.
- In some locations, bilingual abilities preferred.
- Ability to give instruction in a clear and concise manner to customers.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Taking care of our people
We understand the importance of financial health and security, and because of that, we provide competitive compensation to all Associates – including bonus potential for every position in the store! We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k retirement savings with company match, flex spending account, paid personal time off, paid company holidays, parental leave, employee eyewear discount and much, much more. At National Vision, we strive to deliver opportunities for professional growth and long-term career fulfillment. We provide training programs, access to educational courses and pride ourselves on the ever-increasing amount of promotions from within.
Please see our website www.nationalvision.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.