Sales Representative, P&P, West - #135323
Title: Sales Representative, P&P, West
Join us and develop your career while creating a more sustainable future! You’ll be part of a global team of more than 5,000 people and 60 nationalities, where diverse perspectives are valued and you can bring your authentic self to work every day. At Kemira you are empowered to reach your full potential, deliver innovation, and make an impact. We embrace a growth mindset, so we can deliver more value to our customers and communities.
Kemira is a global leader in sustainable chemistry for water intensive industries. For more than 100 years, our chemistry has advanced human progress and quality of life. Kemira’s solutions help our customers in the pulp and paper, water, and energy industries clean water, save energy and use natural resources responsibly, while improving their productivity and enabling more sustainable business. We call it chemistry with a purpose, better every day.
Kemira offers unique expertise in applying chemicals and supporting pulp and paper producers to innovate and constantly improve their operational efficiency and end-product quality. We are seeking an experienced Technical Sales Representative for our Pulp & Paper segment. In this role, your style of working must be results-oriented and strong planning and organizational skills are required. You must also be an exceptional communicator in both one-on-one and presentation settings. This is a remote position located in our West Region supporting customers in the greater Puget Sound, Washington state area.
The position responsibilities include:
- Influencing stakeholders and collaborating with others in a paper manufacturing environment
- Demonstrating abilities leading and participating on teams is a daily function of this role
- Developing and maintaining relationships with everyone in a manufacturing site from the operators to the mill manager
- Managing sales in key accounts
- Tactical and business planning in key accounts
- Understanding the strategy and goals of both the customer organization and Kemira
What you can expect from us:
- Career growth with an industry leader in water intensive industries
- Career tracks in Technical Sales/Management, Product Line Management, and Technical Applications.
- Competitive compensation, Fixed and Variable Rate (FAVR) auto allowance and exceptional benefits program including:
- Family medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Superior 401(k) with company contribution of 6%-10% of salary
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off in 1st year of employment
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree level and/or equivalent field experience in paper science, chemistry, biology, microbiology, or chemical engineering with a least 5 years’ experience in the paper industry
- Ability to develop Key Account or Project Plans and execute with discipline
- Ability to apply tactical efforts toward strategic goals of Kemira and its customers.
- Strong emphasis on documenting ROI of new and existing business
- Ability to develop “trust-based” relationships with key buyers
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting
- Positive attitude and ability to perform under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
Experience in the following areas preferred:
- Kraft and/or general pulp production
- Paper making operations
- General wet-end paper machine chemical applications
- Wastewater treatment and related chemistry
Join Kemira and create better every day
Please apply with CV no later than October 1, 2023 at kemira.com/careers.
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer committed to a drug-free workplace.
Kemira is a global leader in sustainable chemical solutions for water intensive industries. We provide best suited products and expertise to improve our customers’ product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, water treatment and oil & gas. In 2022, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 3.6 billion and around 5,000 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.