Secretary to the Director of Finance - #134729
Warwick Public Schools
WORK YEAR: 52 Weeks – 35 hours week -8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.
SALARY: *Salary listed is union step compensation. Outside applicants start at Step 1
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Provide administrative secretarial support to the Director of Finance. Schedule meetings, administer incoming mail; prepare both assigned documents and adhoc reports, field calls, maintain open communication/interaction with many various stakeholders, create emails; in addition to these responsibilities and any other assigned task that may be directed by the Director of Finance. Responsible for the following specific assignments:
Administer Student Accident Reporting System:
- Receive all student accident reports for district.
- Input data to the Trust database within 24 hours and file paper copy.
- Follow up with various Departments as needed when accident reports are not received in a timely manner.
- Assure end of year processing is completed within the deadlines set forth in approved procedures.
Administer Accounts Receivables program for the following Programs:
- Building Use Rentals and associated fees for such items as; Custodians, Police, Fire and the like.
- Warwick Early Learning Center Typical Peers Tuition Billings.
- Career and Technical Center Tuition Billings.
- Building Vandalism Reimbursements and Student damages restitution.
- Teacher workshops and conference reimbursements.
- Transportation Department, bus usage.
- Transportation Department-Gas card reimbursement from other school districts.
Administer District Websites Procedures:
- Update Business Affairs Website as needed on a timely basis.
Administer Directors of Finance’s Purchase Orders:
- Prepare and administer Purchase Orders
Manage the District’s Budget Transfers and Adjustments Procedure:
- Review and verify account names, UCOA numbers and balances.
- Assure school department’s approved procedures are properly followed by all district personnel.
- Work with Budget Managers when necessary if procedures are not followed.
- Coach any and all personnel needing clarification and explanation of procedures.
- Prepare public School Committee documents per department deadlines.
School Committee Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Superintendent’s Secretary and the Director of Finance in preparing many of the School Committee’s public documents.
Coordinate Services Needed for Building Use Activities-Police/Fire/Custodial Details:
- Schedule Police and Fire Details when are required.
- Process City Back Charge forms when received.
- Invoice City Back Charge forms when applicable.
- Custodial Services:
- Assure assignments needed per contractual agreements.
- Compute custodial hours work per activity per building use agreement.
- Provide pay authorizations to payroll in a timely manner.
- Maintain spreadsheet data for comparative analysis.
- Prepare appropriate invoices for services, when applicable.
Maintain School Department Policies, Procedures and Forms:
- Review, edit, and assist in the development of district procedures as directed.
- Review and update Business Affairs forms as needed in a timely manner.
- Assure proper procedures and current forms are posted on district websites.
- Coach, assist, instruct and coordinate training for any and all staff that may need
- Assistance with the use of any and all district policies and procedures.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
Applicants should possess a high level of secretarial skills including the ability to develop an effective working relationship with professional staff, the public and the community. Candidates must be able to handle confidential data and material with utmost discretion, communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in written form with minimum direction, and perform duties with an awareness of all school department requirements and policies. Applicants should possess the ability to readily understand and carry out directions, both oral and written. Candidates must possess the ability to assist in the development and administration of procedures associated with fiscal administration throughout the district. Candidates must be able to proficiently operate a personal computer; Windows operating systems, Google and other email programs, Microsoft Office software including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Alio and Alio Intelligence is required. Must pass district clerical and digital literacy tests.
Such as may be gained through graduation from a senior high school or equivalent (GED). Graduate of business or secretarial college and at least five years’ experience as a secretary preferred.
WARWICK PUBLIC SCHOOLS DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, RACE, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, COLOR, OR DISABILITY IN ACCORDANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.