Senior Financial Analyst - #135228
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- An integral part of the Production & Operations Finance team, reporting into the Finance Manager, Facilities, the Senior Financial Analyst helps manage Facilities Finance operations, including, budgeting, forecasting, headcount, allocations, and reporting for Operating Expense on a gross and net basis. They also help coordinate and report on broader NY/NJ Facilities financial performance, including FP&A consolidation and ad-hoc financial analysis.
This role provides the unique opportunity to gain a solid understanding of NBCU operations through daily exposure/interaction with O&T operational teams in the NY and NJ Facilities portfolio (including client services, trades, engineering, hospitality, transportation, space planning, and EHS), as well as the greater NBCU finance organization. The role’s responsibilities include:
- Position overview
- Consolidate and report actuals, quarterly estimates, strategic and operating plans (LRP and Budget), and related variances for budgets in support of NY/NJ locations
- Coordinate the quarterly closes for the Finance Manager, including helping to process recurring journal entries, accruals, and management of actuals vs. budget reconciliation.
- Perform standardized and specialized analyses; including ROI and trend analysis that provide insights into the operational risks, opportunities and general financial performance.
- Be the point of contact for resolution of financial questions with our Facilities operating and FP&A partners.
- Consolidate and report Headcount performance and variances
- Create ad-hoc financial reports and models to support evolving business needs.
- Creating/Updating/Maintaining files to assist with budgeting & tracking of expenses; build and enhance current models where feasible
- Support Facilities Coordinators on invoicing, vendor relations, and reporting
- Maintaining up to date finance process documentation
- Posting monthly/quarterly allocations, cross charges, & intercompany transfers
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Finance with progression
- Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products – particularly advanced excel skills (comfortable with vlookups, if statements, pivot tables)
- Experience with SAP, BW, AOE, and Essbase preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to all levels of the organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Quick learner and team player
- Highly collaborative and willing to “pick up the phone” to follow up and get answers when needed
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles: i.e., accruals, amortization of pre-paid expenses
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in the New York City, NY office
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
- This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000 - $85,000.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.