Speech Pathologist Boston Heights - #146981
Jobs for Humanity
Company Name: Akron Children's Hospital
About Akron Children’s Hospital
Akron Children’s Hospital has been caring for children since 1890. We are nationally recognized for our pediatric specialties and ranked among the best by U.S. News & World Report. With multiple hospital campuses, regional health centers, and over 50 primary and specialty care locations in Ohio, we strive to provide high-quality care that is easily accessible for all families. In 2020 alone, we served over 1.1 million patients. We also partner with other healthcare providers to offer neonatal and pediatric units. Our Children’s Home Care Group provides in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students. Through our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children’s Anywhere app, we ensure that families can access our services whenever and wherever they need us. To learn more, visit akronchildrens.org.
- We treat every child as if they were our own.
- We treat others the way they want to be treated.
- We never turn away any child for any reason.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to creating an inclusive environment where patients, families, and staff from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences feel welcomed, included, and can thrive.
Position: Allied Health Rehab - Part Time (20 hours per week) M-F Days
- This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule from 7:00am to 7:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Summary: The Speech Pathologist evaluates and treats patients referred to them and provides instruction and assistance to patients' families as needed.
- Conduct comprehensive diagnostic evaluations using standardized measures.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on diagnoses and department protocols.
- Document patient care accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of patients are met, regardless of age.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Prior experience in Pediatric Speech Pathology is preferred.
- Experience collaborating with colleagues at all levels is required.
- Experience in pediatric healthcare is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Speech/Language Pathology is required.
- State of Ohio Licensure in Speech/Language Pathology and Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology [CCC-SLP] from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association [ASHA] is required.
- Preferably 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- No experience in supervisory roles required.
Part Time Information:
- Part-time role with an FTE of 0.500000.
- Status: Onsite
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Akron Children's Hospital values diversity and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. We encourage applicants from all walks of life to apply.
To learn more about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity laws, please click/copy the link below:
Apply for the position by completing the form below:
Thank you for your interest in joining Akron Children’s Hospital!