Sr. FP&A Analyst - #134686
Chromalloy is a global engineering & solutions company. We are a leading provider of aftermarket parts, repairs, and solutions that safely & reliably extend the life of aircraft engines and gas turbines. We develop, manufacture and repair critical turbine components for a range of engine platforms. Our solutions support the engines running the aerospace, energy and defense industries around the world.
Chromalloy employees are proud, passionate problem-solvers who strive to live our values every day. A career with Chromalloy is an opportunity to learn from top industry experts, work with important technologies, and unlock a passion for innovation. Join our team of experts, innovators and problem-solvers delivering world-class solutions for our customers. Be part of something bigger with Chromalloy.
As Sr. FP&A Analyst, you will be a key member of the Global FP&A Team that provides support to the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) as well as finance and operational leadership teams around the world. You will play an integral role in the budgeting and forecasting processes in addition to regularly collaborating on analytical projects and tasks to help the business better understand its financial performance. The position reports to the Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis.
This position requires day-to-day involvement with our Global Sales, Manufacturing and Operations organization as well as the Finance team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The duties and responsibilities regularly performed for this position are:
- Guide financial analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials. Also, could be asked to complete product rationalization and decision support.
- Assist in driving the annual budget review process to include partnering with functional and
operational leadership to submit timely and accurate inputs based on budget guidance.
- Facilitate the monthly and quarterly forecasting process by collecting, reviewing, and inputting forecast information.
- Be a functional champion for the Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process. This may include assisting sites complete and understand their financial inputs.
- Define financial situations by completing quantitative analyses and identifying outcomes. This may include Payback, NPV, IRR and other value add modeling.
- Build financial databases by identifying sources of information; assembling, verifying, and
backing up data. Reconcile transactions by comparing and correcting data as needed.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information.
- Execute Monthly, quarterly and yearly closing requirements.
- Ad hoc and Special Projects, as needed.
Critical Success Factors:
- Analytical/critical thinking, information analysis, problem resolution skills
- Ability to engage others - fostering teamwork and building strong relationships, ability to understand others, lead teams and develop people.
- Ability to influence and build relationships, motivating and inspiring others through highly effective communication and exemplary presentation skills
- Ability to achieve business results through direct and indirect interaction, delivering business results under pressure, a champion of performance improvement with a strong customer focus
- Demonstrate high ethical standards and integrity as set forth in our Code of Business Conduct and our Principles of Business Conduct, Policies and Procedures.
- With a positive attitude, demonstrate the ability to effectively participate in a team environment that promotes the company’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and affect change in situations of limited direct responsibility.
- Continually look for ways to increase efficiency and productivity, while maintaining the required level of quality.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Three + years accounting /finance experience to include forecasting and budgeting functions.
- Advanced Excel capability
- MBA/MS Finance or Accounting
- Manufacturing industry experience
- Hyperion Planning and SmartView
- Excel Office Script and/or Excel VBA
- Power BI experience
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran's status, or visual, hearing, mental or physical disability.
Any offer of employment will also be conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen in accordance with company policy and applicable federal and state regulations.
If this position requires access to export-controlled technology and technical data, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations and or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, any offer of employment is contingent upon Chromalloy’s determination, in its sole discretion, if any additional authorization for the employee to access such technology is required and obtainable in a manner that meets its immediate business needs prior to beginning work.