Strategic Pricing Manager (In Person at Irving office) - #135390
Summit Electric Supply
Summit Electric Supply is an electrical distributor keeping current with innovative changes in the way our world is powered. With over 40 years of continuous growth in a $110 billion industry, you can count on Summit's stability. Summit will provide the tools you need, along with your commitment to customer service and drive to excel, to have a successful career in electrical supply distribution.
IN PERSON - work in Irving office
Role Summary: Primarily responsible for partnering with the Sales organization to find opportunities to capture incremental margin and maintain data integrity in our systems. This person must effectively partner with Corporate Purchasing, Service Center Leaders, Operations Managers, Account Managers, and Accounts Payable Associates to maintain levels of excellence throughout Summit. The primary role is one that supports internal associates and enables them to service our customers.
Principal Accountabilities: (essential job functions)
- Support Summit’s senior leadership in the development of pricing models and structures that optimize revenue and profit margins
- Help identify strategic customers/products/lines that require pricing adjustments to achieve higher margins, enhance market value or increase win rates
- Support development, execution and measurement of promotions with Marketing
- Maintain customer specific pricing
- Perform analysis of market conditions and projected price points based on market data
- Maintain awareness about market changes/conditions that may affect pricing
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong Customer service orientation – both external and internal
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with ERP software (SAP) and database maintenance
- Experience with price optimization software (PROS, Zilliant, Vendavo)
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare reports, models and projections
- Understanding of discounting, elasticity and basic accounting
- Detail-oriented and highly analytical
- Highly organized with a proven ability to maintain several concurrent activities
- Flexibility – ability to effectively adapt to change and thrive in a stimulating work environment
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Math, Science or Statistics
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Successful experience in the electrical or industrial distribution industry
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA, MS)
- Electrical products knowledge
- Consistent sitting for many hours at one time. Majority of day (85%+) is spent sitting at desk
- Must be able to lift 5 pounds on a regular and consistent basis
- Regular and consistent use of keyboard
- Ability to climb stairs on occasion
Not sure yet if this is the right position for you? Contact a recruiter for more information about the position and how you can jump start your career in a dynamic, growing industry today!
Be a part of the Summit Electric family with room to grow and excel!
Not sure if this position is right for you? Click here to submit your information to our recruiting team.
Summit is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusivity in all stages of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. We assess candidates based on skill, experience, and alignment with Summit’s mission and vision, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, pregnancy, age and veteran or disability status.