Support Specialist - Provisioning - #134753
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC)
National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld's Best Places to Work survey for nineteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our Team.
This position is within our Member Success Division and will work with our Members to perform troubleshooting and support of NISC's Provisioning application. This includes working with our Members via phone, email or other electronic communication methods on questions or issues they are seeing.
To fully resolve issues our Members are seeing, this role may need to collaborate with internal and external individuals to resolve any problems. This could include configuring the application by creating or modifying the necessary interface code and applications options. When not working directly with Members, this position also analyzes the data & API's from 3rd party software vendors that our Members use to communicate with our Provisioning software.
NISC's auto-provisioning broadband application provides provisioning and auditing capabilities from NISC to various switches, television head ends, access software, and other third-party software applications.
- Provide superior customer support to internal and external customers in all aspects of application support.
- Prepare cases and follow-up to resolution.
- Assist in performing research of basic level application problems, resolve issues for Member/Customers.
- May deliver training to Member/Customers remotely
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
- 1+ years of related experience preferred.
- Basic level knowledge of business-related software applications and services.
- Basic level knowledge of the Utility and/or Telecom industries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone/email etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Basic level research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot.
- Basic level ability to demonstrate initiative & accountability.
- Basic level ability to multi-task and time manage.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
NISC's Shared Values & Competencies:
- Integrity – We are committed to doing the right thing – always.
- Relationships – We are committed to building and preserving lasting relationships.
- Innovation – We promote the spirit of creativity and champion new ideas.
- Teamwork – We exemplify the cooperative spirit by working together.
- Empowerment – We believe individuals have the power to make a difference.
- Personal Development – We believe the free exchange of knowledge and information is absolutely necessary to the success of each individual and the organization.
Bachelor's Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.