Video Teleconference Administrator III - #135005
Na Oiwi Kane
Job Title: Video Teleconference Administrator III -4069
Job Location: GSA Building: 300 E 8th Street, Austin, TX 78701
Galapagos Federal Systems LLC is looking for an enthusiastic, well-qualified individual to fill the Video Teleconference (VTC) Administrator position and to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position's main responsibility is to support mission-critical media operations and communications for our government customer that is responsible for providing IT services and support. This position will also handle supporting communication events while facilitating and coordinating connections of various media resources to stand up VTC and Unified Communications (UC) connections across geographically disperse locations.
Skills / Experience Required
- 1+ years of experience performing VTC systems administration functions
- Schedule and manage telephone meetings using phone conference, VTC, and UC systems
- Troubleshoot problems such as joining, conducting, and taking part in phone conference, VTC, and UC meetings
- Support various operations and maintenance tasks for a variety of media systems, including live and delayed streaming broadcasts
- Perform system integrity and connectivity tests to ensure system availability
- Assess and report on performance and usage numbers
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Develop and support documentation of all processes associated with administration of the network and duties performed by network & system administrators
- Demonstrated knowledge of VTC technology and equipment and coordinating VTC type meetings across multiple sites.
- Customer service skills, and experience fielding and troubleshooting customer questions and issues
- Experience supporting communications/media systems such as: phone conference systems, VTC systems, UC interfaces, live and delayed streaming video, and digital signage technologies
- Experience with VTC and UC technologies
- Experience with media/VTC/UC vendors and technologies such as Polycom, Microsoft Lync (Skype for Business), VBrick, Sonus, Cisco, Ectocryp, Acano
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory/GPO integration with SCCM
- Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server architectures and various compatibility requirements.
- Experience in troubleshooting, software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
- Experience with the most common VTC equipment (Polycom or Cisco Telepresence)
- Experience with NIPRNET and SIPRNET connection process and accreditation to include handling COMSEC updates and storage
- Excellent customer service skills and be able to always project a positive image and professional manner
- Ability to work within the confines of a set time schedule
- Knowledge and experience communicating VTC support concepts to technical and non- technical personnel
- Ability to develop technical documents and produce system design documentation.
Education / Certifications
- Associate degree in computer science, Information Technology (IT) or related discipline
- DISA DVS certification upon start date (certification is to ensure that each DVS associated facilitator has the capability to perform DVS operations satisfactorily without direct supervision)
- Knowledge and experience with VTC protocol capabilities above H.320
- IAT-II certification (Elevated/Privileged User)
- Employer paid medical insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Must be a U.S. Citizen. A high-level Department of Defense (DoD) active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to government information.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time and typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including bending, reaching, and kneeling, to complete daily duties in a prompt and efficient manner. May include lifting to thirty pounds, as necessary.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified Native Hawaiian Organization 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects found around the world, our team has innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technological solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Company Employment Statement
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing as positions, functions, and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!