Senior Software Developer
Draper LaboratoryFull time Full day
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact [email protected]
Our group of software engineers is looking for a candidate with digital signal processing (DSP) experience to join us in delivering solutions to challenging problems. The successful individual will plan, architect, implement, and test real-time signal processing applications running on various state-of-the-art processors. Our projects range from established operational deployed systems to short-term research prototype efforts exploring and engineering possibilities. You will help to convert legacy code into a more modular code base implementing industry best standards/practices. Implement existing libraries in new ways to handle new and changing requirements. Update existing code set to keep up with changing mission statements or new missions. If you enjoy working with a team to tackle difficult problems, devise solutions, and bring those solutions to life, we'd love to speak with you.
- Candidates will have strong software development skills and substantial experience working in a collaborative environment
- Experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in CUDA
- Software architecture and design experience required.
- Knowledge of communications technology required
- Digital communication theory and experience
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- 7 + years professional experience
- GPU Software development
- Experience in optimizing signal processing algorithms and implementations for performance
- Experience developing, debugging, and testing code for production deployments
- Experience developing multithreaded applications
- MS w/5+ years, or phd
- Current in scope Top Secret security clearance is required.
Draper has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all Draper employees. This will be a condition of employment to work at Draper.