Technical Product Manager
HILTIFull time Full day
The role of Technical Product Manager leads the structural engineering expertise and ownership for a set of software products; aligning product development with business value, relevant construction engineering standards, and customer/market needs. This position provides continuous alignment with other software product stakeholders to provide industry and construction engineering expertise – assisting with roadmap priority and articulation of value propositions for software products. Technical Product Managers understand the relevant codes/standards, collaborate heavily with the expert community in their field of engineering, software development, and product owner resources to provide expertise in structural engineering, and own the process of validation within their software; ensuring accurate design results related to the Hilti systems within their software products.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Serves as a subject matter expert on the field of steel and concrete design (especially decking, rebar, anchor design)
Oversees and leads engineering specification, workflows in structural design, training and engineering validation within their software Product Line/Segment
Owns the day-to-day work of developing, populating, and validating the calculations and decisions represented in Hilti software that relate to their field of engineering expertise
Works as a primary stakeholder with software development and architecture resources to provide technical and functional software requirements
Owns the communication of all engineering related tasks within the software, able to present status clearly and at both a detailed and summarized level
Leads expert level support for our software users (internal and customers)
Collaborates throughout the organization, with customers, and with key industry leaders to identify future business opportunities
Interacts with global, cross-functional and cross-company technical and business teams to ensure quality software requirements, development, and implementation that meet the engineering standards of the product line
Possesses strong client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills
Additional duties, as assigned
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a relevant Engineering/Construction industry field, required
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the field of construction engineering, required
- Skills with project and resource prioritization, collaborative work environments, and geographically dispersed teams.
- Deep technical knowledge in relevant domain(s), e.g. steel and concrete design as well as working knowledge of construction industry related design processes
- Able to switch effortlessly between business and technical terminology, as frequent collaboration will occur with both engineers/developers and business/customer stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, with a high learning agility; as they will be expected learn software processes, as well as related engineering standards from around the world.
- Strong planning skills, with the capability to prepare very detailed task-oriented and milestone driven plans as this role is responsible for tracking these plans and adhering to a rigorous project schedule.
- Willingness to travel
- Team player with good communication skills
- Analytical and structural thinking and behavior
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.