Energetic Activities Director
The Waterford on HuebnerFull time Full day
Help enrich the lives of seniors by becoming part of the Capital Senior Living team at The Waterford at Huebner!
The Waterford at Huebner a premier retirement community in San Antonio, TX provides quality care to residents in an Independent Living community. We are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of those we care for. If you’re looking to grow your career and experience in a team-oriented environment, apply for Activities Director position today.
Working at The Waterford at Huebner truly means becoming a member of our family. We believe caring for seniors is a uniquely rewarding experience and there is no better place to realize that experience than with us. We are looking for an Activities Director to join our team!
Activities Director Responsibilities include:
- Plans, schedules and implements activities, for a seven-day week calendar. Assesses and updates resident’s recreation preferences; develops programming based on these preferences
- Identifies the special needs of each resident and creates a plan to accommodate those needs (e.g. large print materials, environmental adaptation, behavioral considerations)
- Involves the resident in planning recreation objectives and goals for the resident
- Integrates resident with the communality through facility activities and outings (e.g. intergenerational programs, community service projects, trips, maintaining resident connections with community organizations
- Supports resident spiritual needs. Works with chaplain and/or community clergy to provide services (e.g. spiritual reading materials, visits, religious programming)
- Oversees the maintenance of the community vehicle. Works in conjunction with facility staff to ensure proper vehicle registration is maintained. Ensures that safety and maintenance logs are maintained for the vehicle
- Recruits, orients, train, and supervise volunteers
- Encourages and develops new ideas; takes calculated risks to implement creative improvements or new programs and rewards similar actions in others
- Creates a strong positive image and establishes good relationships within the community, which may include press relations, promotional activities, scrapbooks, and displays in the facility
- Expands the community network and referral sources
- Collaborates with the Executive Director and/or Marketing Director on community functions
Ideal candidate will:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or a related field or certification as an Activity Professional preferred, but not required.
- Two years activities management experience preferred.
- Enjoy providing exceptional customer service and care to our senior residents
- Appreciate the value of being a dependable & responsible member of greater team
- Be open minded; willing to listen to and share new ideas
Perks of joining our team:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurances*
- 401k retirement savings plan*
- Paid time off*
- Opportunities for career advancement**
- Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status
**Eligibility based on location.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.