Customer Call Center Specialist I
Simmons BankFull time Full day
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success
The Customer Call Center Specialist I performs a full range of customer service oriented telephone, website, intranet, and online banking services via multimedia communication as directed by the Managers of Customer Call Center. Develops meaningful relationships with customers to deliver the best banking experience possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives and processes incoming calls from customers
- Responds to inquiries and determines the appropriate response or direction for the caller
- Assists in the completion of new account or loan applications
- Issues messages and resolves complaints as necessary
- Performs various operational background duties
- Processes account balance or transfer requests, stop payment orders, changes of address and other customer requests or authorizations
- Reviews reports, prepares correspondence, and participates in special department projects as required
- Ensures that all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memorandums
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals, or government regulations
- Ability to write simple-to-business correspondence and routine reports
- Ability to respond, in writing, to customer complaints, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma/GED
- One year of customer service or sales experience, preferably in a financial setting, is required
- MS Word and Excel
Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Must possess excellent telephone skills, including a professional speaking voice
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must be proficient with a PC
- Must present a friendly, professional image and conduct
- Must maintain punctual and regular attendance
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.