3219 Assistant Operator 2nd Shift
International PaperFull time Full day
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
ASSISTS THE MACHINE OPERATOR IN THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following indicated work methods.
- Makes ready, assists operator and maintains corrugated manufacturing press machine in which you are assigned. (rotary die cutters, flexo folder gluers, labeler and folder gluer machinery)
- Observes and monitors machine operations to detect malfunctions and to determine whether adjustments are needed.
- Identifies, troubleshoot and corrects product defects caused by the machine.
- Performs routine adjustments during the machine run and maintains production throughout the run.
- Sets up and operates machine meeting established published specifications.
- Ensures all orders are completed to specifications including “special instructions” if applicable.
- Identifies and makes basic repairs to the machine.
- Ensures Operation of machine and related equipment by completing basic preventive maintenance requirements according to operation standards.
- Runs the machine meeting production goals.
- Maintains housekeeping standards all the time.
- Trains entry level crew members and other as needed.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Comply with all IP’s safety, quality policies and protocols at all times.
- Keep appropriate records and reports (complete forms, logs, and records accurately – as required).
- Other duties as assigned by managers and or supervisors/shift leader.
- Must be willing to work overtime including Saturdays as needed; significant overtime may be needed during busy periods.
- Able and willing to perform and sustain productivity goals (set up times, down time, MSF produced, etc).
- Two years or more experience in a manufacturing setting
- Ability to problem solve with minimal assistance.
- Provide daily feedback to supervisor regarding all aspects of shift/machine activity. Must be able to communicate effectively with other employees, supervisors, managers, etc.
- Be able to interpret and understand factory master
- Must have basic computer skills (data entry, etc) and be able to perform basic arithmetic including additions, subtractions, multiplications and division.
- Comply with all IPs Safety rules and Quality policies and protocols at all times.
- Must have ability to learn and understand machine line up.
- Must have ability to understand all operations of corrugated manufacturing.
- Must have ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must have ability to understand and accurately utilize KIWI for setup, run instructions and production times.
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Must be willing to work in an environment that is often hot in the summer and cool in the winter.
- This position requires standing throughout your entire shift and moderate to heavy lifting at times.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.