Community Banker I
Simmons BankFull time Full day
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Community Banker I is focused on acquiring, growing, and retaining commercial, 1 to 4 family residential and some consumer loans along with cross selling the bank’s other business lines in community markets through a relational business development plan. Key measurements of success are net new loan and deposit growth, fee income, referrals to other lines of business and portfolio management including asset quality. Officers in this position are expected to manage a portfolio up to $20M with large number of loans. This position typically resides in markets of MSA’s under 500,000.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sell prospects and customers through relational selling in a trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing opportunities and risks while helping them accomplish their goals through their use of Bank’s products and services.
- Establishes and negotiates the terms under which commercial credit will be extended including cost, risk, and profitability determining the method, schedule and collateral requirements.
- Reviews and analyzes financial information to determine a customer’s creditworthiness.
- May present recommendations to loan committee and exhibits a deep understanding of credits presented.
- Responsible for the profitability of all commercial relationships within portfolio.
- Monitor loan repayment activities, the collection of past due accounts, and credit and collateral deficiencies.
- Adheres to loan policies and procedures with complete documented files to ensure satisfactory reviews from internal and external audits.
- Communicates and negotiates with each applicant the terms under which consumer credit underwriting has determined that credit will be extended, including costs, repayment method and schedule and collateral requirements.
- Become active in the community through membership in business organizations, community events and/or non-profit organizations where one can be in a position to advance the reputation of the Bank.
- Ability to meet individual goals and contribute in a team oriented environment to ensure departmental and Bank wide goals are met. Sets and achieves challenging goals without direct supervision and contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Well-developed interpersonal and negotiating skills are required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic accounting, credit, and sales skills.
- Detail oriented and proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial report and/or legal documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public and/or boards of directors
Education and/or Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, related field, or relevant job experience is preferred.
- One to two years lending experience with basic sales skills are preferred.
- Experience in the local market required for better understanding of the lending environment and potential customer base.
- MS Office programs
- Proficiency in lending computer software
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- NMLS required.
Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Analytical – ability to collect data and use experience and skill set to make credit decisions
- Oral – Possesses the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in all situations. Responds clearly to questions and demonstrates presentations skills.
- Written – Written material is informative, edits work for spelling and grammar
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.